Monday, September 24, 2007

Skimpy Randomness

This month has been a bit slim on the posting from my end. (Do I hear a bloggy outcry? Nah. I didn't think so.) I will try to have more to say in October.

But oh! Fall is coming. Yesterday was the first day of fall. I love fall. I wish fall actually *happened* in my neck of the woods. Clean crisp air. The scent of decaying leaves. The exhuberant bouquet of color everywhere. Apple time. These are things that really don't exhist where I live, so I like to read about places where it does happen. Tell me. How does fall look in your neck of the woods? Do you have to take "too hot" into account when buying your children's Halloween costumes? When do you don a jacket? We are lucky if jackets are needed one month out of the year.

Also, on a brighter, yet TMI note...I have been reading Jen's fiascos of late. Poor thing! I have a terrible collection of OBs as well. There is Dr. Bitch, Dr. Stupid-as-a-box-of-hair and the redeeming Dr.-that-I-LOVE. A female, baby-delivering Jesus, if you will. But guess what! The luck gods have thrown me a windy burst of fortune and my Dr.-that-I-LOVE went into private practice without the other crazies AND she took the Nurse-Practitioner-that-I-also-LOVE.

*Insert Happy Jig*

Because, do you know that unpleasant office workers and mean/stupid doctors will actually cause me NOT to seek healthcare when needed. Who avoids conflict/unpleasantness? Show of hands? Anyway, so when I received the glorious news that they have purged the nutso folks, I promptly called my husband and told him that we should now, to celebrate, have another baby.

H: MMmm, I am not thinking that is a good reason to have another baby.
M: What are you talking about? This is the PERFECT reason to have another baby.
H: Silence

What?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh I agree, definitely time for another baby. It’s a sign, I’m sure of it.

Autumn here can start as early as September and as late as November, but the weather and the scenery is amazing. We usually flip-flop back and forth between fall, winter and summer for a while. Today it will be 85 degrees, but tomorrow 70 and in the 60’s this weekend.

Being from the Buffalo area, where it does get super cold, people generally don’t start wearing their winter coats until it’s at least below freezing. A ligh jacket or long sleeves works until then.

Sara said...

***that's a light jacket.

LoriD said...

On the contrary, we must plan Halloween costumes around "can be worn with a coat underneath". You can come to my house to experience fall at its finest - we have lots of mature, deciduous trees. Raking leaves is a month-long event!