Thursday, April 5, 2007

Delicious

(There used to be a link to an artist here. My co-workers were so impressed with her art, that we asked her to donate to a silent auction to fundraise for our organization, which helps vicitms of crime, the majority of which are women and children. Instead of a nice "no, thank you," she sent us a bitchy litany. Therefore, no free advertising for her. To quote her letter: "blah blah blah...")

Last night we went to a local Mexican restaurant for enchiladas and such. It was wonderful as my youngest, Jelly Bean, was so good! Oh, wonderful best baby in the world! I could eat you up!

(My, my memory is so short.)

When we were in Florida, the last restaurant we went to before we left was the Shake and Bake (better known as the Steak and Shake - I call it the Shake and Bake to annoy my husband), which was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. The food was so greasy I could hear my great-grandmother whisper in my ear, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!"

But. Jelly Bean screamed like the entire time. My husband Honey and I had to take turns dashing out of the restaurant toting the mini-devil as to not interrupt everyone else's disgusting meals. (Do you know they have something called Chili Mac that is just chili over pasta with maybe some cheese? How completely weird. Have you ever heard of this phenomenon?)

Jelly Bean wasn't happy being held or nursed or bounced or sang to or talked to or anything and man, o man, was it stressful. I told Honey to remind me of this in case I ever wanted to go out to eat again so I would not only spare myself the agony, but also the sacrifice of cooking at home forever will make the world a better place by sparing the rest of humanity this litany as well.

But he didn't remind me, ( because he secretly wanted fajitas - more about that later) and Jelly was angel of all babies. Sweetness to the core! He ate his cookie and a little refried beans (which left me panic-y all night that he was simultaneously breaking out in hives and developing a life long allergy to beans. Oh no! No Chili Mac! (Shudder). But it went so well and I am so pleased.

After dinner we all put aside our responsibilities to climb into our not-so-big bed and read a story and play with the giggle-y happy baby. Because we all have so little time together, it is all too precious. To hell with dirty dishes and stinky laundry. We have but this one hour on this one day to be here in this soft bed with these blessed children. As the fortune cookie said, Treasure what you have.

4 comments:

theflyingmum said...

I checked out the artist, very fun stuff! I liked the world's largest jelly jar picture. Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you liked the "Tater" post.

Judy said...

Good girl! =] Yes, you get a treat. xxoo

Unknown said...

I must say that I am in awe of Misty, she is a wonderful woman. Yes dare I even say it, awesome. And now here's something else that amazes me, quite talented with the written word. Is there anything you can't do? (oh yea, I forgot, can't make dressing!!!!!!!)
Love ya, Celia

Doing My Best said...

Well! No wonder you don't like asking for things for the silent auction! I would be scarred for life!