Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fumes

So, salvation is not so at hand. After budgeting out the payment of bills for the first two weeks of the month, we have exactly...nothing to live on until the next paycheck. You guessed it! Running on fumes. Fumes are stinky and polluting, but that is all we have to go on. Stench and pollution. Thank heavens for savings accounts, my better and more optimistic self chimes in.

So, I called the phone company to file for a rebate and am waiting to get documentation for a measly $31.69 reimbursement from work and hoping that will cover gas, milk, and bread for the next two weeks, even though I know that the rebate won't probably come in for three weeks. Does it work this way for you? At the beginning of the month, we are paupers. Beggars at the street corner pressing our dirty noses against the glass at my parent's house, begging for a home cooked meal. At the middle of the month until the end, we are the swanky ubber rich, eating out and buying school uniforms like we actually have the money to do so! We are seemingly forgetful of the poverty that lies just two weeks away. Perhaps hiring the maid wasn't the best of ideas? Oi.

But I will keep my eye on the prize. I know that this is temporary and driving myself to depression and ungodly amounts of chocolate will help no one. The fumes are temporary. We will get to the gas station soon enough. Fill 'er up!

No comments: