 |
| Snowy dunes |
I like to go to the beach every summer, just for a long weekend. It isn't far and is one of my favorite places. The water is clear and the sand is white. There is much to love. I like vacations where there isn't a whole lot of running around. When we vacation at the beach, it is basically us and the sand and the waves. Throw in some beach toys and some inflatables along with snacks and we are set.
 |
| Hide 'n' Seek |
This year we stayed at a state park in a cabin, which was charming. It was a lot like staying in a two bedroom condo, with a few less creature comforts. It would have been perfect if there was a bit more fabric involved. A rug. Some throw pillows, perhaps.
 |
| Peter Pan and his Shadow |
It wasn't a lot like camping. There was a microwave and a dishwasher. but no TV or wifi. We did get to see some cool birds and bugs that we wouldn't have seen elsewhere. I really loved the beach trail full of palms. It felt like we were on a desert island or some sort of secluded paradise. And when we reached the foot of the trail and got to the beach, it was practically deserted. At the most crowded, there were about 6 families on the beach at one time and it was a good stretch of sand.
 |
| "Mama! P'ay sand!" |
 |
| Merchild |
The kids slept like logs. There was morning beach time, about a 3 hour break for lunch and naps, then back to the beach until about 7 PM when we shoved food at the kids and they begged to go to bed. There wasn't much eating out because the kids were so tired. I will be glad when they are a bit older and the naps and early bed times aren't as necessary. Then maybe we can hunt sand crabs at night or go out for ice cream after dinner.
 |
| See you soon! |
It was a lovely trip. I have a feeling we will be back soon.
3 comments:
That does sound lovely! Especially the secluded part! I need the name of that place you stayed :)
Oh hai I haven't read blogs all summer. I love your new look!
that does sound lovely. Next summer we are planning a week at a cottage (our word for a cabin) by a lake. It really is the perfect way to totally unwind.
Post a Comment