This morning kind of sucked.
I had a bad day at work yesterday and being a night-fretter, I took something to help me sleep. Since I worked Saturday and didn't have a true weekend to rest, compounded with the lovely Tylenol PM, waking up was not much fun. Especially when it is waking up to a screaming baby smashing a poptart into the sheets you are sleeping on.
So, I was snappy and grumpy all morning. The next scene finds me laying in a pile of clean-yet-unfolded-clothes on the laundry room floor moaning about my lack of wardrobe. "Where are my grey pants? Where are my black pants with the pink pinstripe?"
Honey is such a good fella. He tries to help. "What about these ones? Or these ones? Or the khaki pants?"
"They are all BROWN! Everything I own is BROWN!"
"Not these."
"They are khaki. Which is a kind of BROWN."
"Not really. I would say they are closer to white."
"Are you really picking right now to argue with me about colors?!?"
So, he sits down in front of me, puts his grinning face next to mine and says, "Don't laugh." Which I did. Then the two littles came and did the same thing. "Don yaff, mama! Don yaff!" Which was sticky sweet and of course, I laughed. But still, pissy.
I stomped off. Aren't you glad you aren't married to me?
I gave Jelly a doughnut remembering he hasn't had anything except for carbs to eat since yesterday at lunch. I ended up wearing brown anyway. Honey dashed out of the door 10 minutes early. I would say it was just to get away from me, but I may have been bitching about the kids running and screaming. He may have been trying to save me.
Let's hope the rest of the day goes better.
2 comments:
I hope it did get better :)
oh those days. I know those well :)
Post a Comment