- One thing I just couldn't wait for when Jelly started school was book club order forms. Oh, how I love the book club order forms. Beautiful books for cheap cheap! I can buy gifts for all the children in the universe! And the best books. *Happy Sigh*
Brother didn't get any last year and he didn't get fun books anymore like the Llama books, although now they are advertising the new Shannon Hale. I love Shannon Hale.
I don't really buy books all that often. We are library people and get lots of books from the library to read. Why store a book if you don't love it and want to read it over and over and over again? I feel that books are like dresses. For heaven's sake, try it on before you buy it or regret will inevitably ensue. So, this book order, we are buying Pete the Cat, some Mo books, and Oh! Oh! Oh! Let's have a giveaway. I will send you some fun picture books if you leave a comment. Wheeeeee. (If you already have them, regift! Share the LOVE, for pete's sake.) Now, I am very excited. - We just got back from the beach and my family-together-time is pretty much maxed out. The kids were exhausted from playing on the beach all day so there were long afternoon naps and everyone was in bed for the night before 8:30. There was no TV, but we brought a laptop with some movies on it. Brother read The Hunger Games in one day and, of course, loved it. (I know he was late. I was unsure how he would handle the violence, being sensitive and only 11. He did just fine with it.) Jelly insisted on bringing a giant Beyblade arena (Oh, hello terrible expensive dueling metal tops!) and played with it some. The kids all did magnificently on the ride, especially Scooter.
As a side note, on the screened in back porch at the cabin, we heard Jelly ask Scooter: What is your whole name? To which, Scooter replied "Sefie Roo" which is what I call him. Completely adorable. He is like a little caricature of a cutie baby. He literally says "Wuv you too!" with the "w" and everything. He is, however, not a morning person and is known to scream for about an hour every day. Heh.
I am kind of ready to go back to the child-free spa, better known as "employment." This is a magical place where I can tell people what to do and they listen (for the most part) and if they don't, I write them up! (Not really.) Alas... - There is no work until Thursday due to that jerk Isaac. Can't make up his mind whether or not to be a hurricane or a tropical storm. I don't think it will be bad, but I am not looking forward to any power outages. It was 115 with the heat index yesterday and guys, I like my white noise machine. I neeeed it to sleep.
- So, leave a comment if you want some books. I don't know how many or which ones, so it will be a surprise! Must be in the US, must be a real person, must blah blah blah void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, see you on the flip, Amen.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
A little of this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a very fun giveaway idea. I love Scholastic book orders. *happy sigh*
And! And and and! Right now if you place your Scholastic order online, they will send you a $5 coupon off your next order!
I love your new look! And I also love book orders. As do my kids. I have to limit them or they go nuts and I go broke!
I LOVE BOOKS! I have 6 bookshelves (and they aren't small!) FULL of books! Plus a Kindle. haha
I'm glad you had fun at the beach! :)
I need a white noise machine, too! We homeschool, boy do I miss the Scholastic book orders.
Post a Comment