Thursday, November 10, 2011

Man Cold

So Monday morning I started to feel a bit off and by that afternoon, I was getting close to misery. Tuesday was the day of severe exhastion on the tails of a sleepless night because I couldn't breathe. (Oh, functioning nostrils. You are so dear to me. Forget my eyes or nice smile. You might be my current favorite feature.) All day I was sooo tired and I wanted to sleep so bad, but I couldn't. I would randomly jump out of bed and wonder what I was doing there because I was so tired, standing up seemed like the worst idea in the universe. Stupid cold medicine. So now I am sans cold medicine because it obviously made me psycho.

I referred to my current illness as "my man cold" because I am such a freaking baby. I want chicken soup! In bed! With Orange Juice! And I want to be patted and asked what I need and offered Tylenol. I want fluffed pillows, dammit. And I do not want to have to tell anyone to do it.

So I called my husband while I was dying in bed around lunch time on Tuesday. I though he might bring me something. Stop in to see me since his office is in town. Check up on me. But. He was having lunch by himself at a local restaurant. He had no intentions of delivering sustenance to me in my time of need. He said he was planning on calling...hmph.

Well, what do you think about that? I am of the opinion: Minor Husband Fail. Not a huge deal fail, mostly an eye rolling, "What did you think was going to happen, Misty?"

I tend to be good at nursing and if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have rushed home and brought him lunch in bed and made sure he had a gallon of juice, ice water, assortment of symptom relieving medications at the ready. Some folks are nurturing. Some folks have to be told to nurture. Some folks are whiny brats when they are sick. *Ahem*

Oh well, at least I am on the mend.

7 comments:

Shalini said...

I am glad I am not the only woman who is a whiny brat when sick. I always cringe at all the women who are like, 'oh my husband has a man cold again, argh!' because I am totally the one who gets the man cold in the family. all the BOYS are troopers, and i want some netflix streaming and a bowl of noodles. i totally get that. (and of course now i am getting the sniffles and want to lay down and die, but can't, because, you know, mom stuff. BLERG.)

LoriD said...

LOL - I'd be like your husband. I might call before leaving work to ask if you needed anything, but delivering lunch -- for a cold -- not very likely! I'm obviously not a natural nurturer.

Nik-Nak said...

My hubs is the same way. When I am sick I often wish out loud to be back in my momma's house where I would be properly taken care of.

Feel better!

d e v a n said...

My husband is the same way. Not nurturing, because it just never even OCCURS to him.

Saly said...

Well I am glad you are feeling a bit better. And your Honey should hsve totslly brought you lunch. I'd hsve brought you lunch.

Doing My Best said...

It sucks to be sick when you're the mom!! Glad you're feeling better =)!

Laura Diniwilk said...

I'm with Devan - it literally would not occur to Justin to do anything other than take care of himself. Sigh. Feel better!