Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A little of this and that...

  • Scooter is bona fide walking. He has been taking a step here and there for a month, maybe, but now! He is taking like 7-10 steps before he wobbles over like a drunk wino. It all started with the toy lawn mower over the weekend. He was walking and pushing it around the yard. Something clicked and later he walked right across the bathroom! (Riveting, I know.) Now he is toddling all over. He still crawls some when he wants to get there quickly. There. My last baby. Walking.
  • Work is stressing me out (Surprise!) and children stress me out. I had two Screwdrivers last night and fell asleep at 7:30. Alcohol works better than Benedryl. Who knew? I did feel guilty abandoning Honey in my anxiety-laden haze. But there you go. I am a featherweight. Two shots does me in for the night. Sometimes we do things of which we are not proud.
  • I wanted to have Thanksgiving at my house this year because LAST year, I went to my mother's and cooked and cooked all day. Then, I had to come home and make dinner. Because there were no leftovers. No leftovers. From Thanksgiving. I was obviously scarred. That and my mother has decided she is jaded and just wants pizza for Thanksgiving, but I have little kids, you know? I am not jaded. I want a real holiday. So, I have to make that happen.
  • I am currently not so sure this was the best idea I have ever had. This means I have to clean and plan and clean up the yard and buy a bunch of food and cook all day and and and...you know, everything you are likely to have to do yourself.
  • While I was passed out last night, Honey went to the store to buy a ham and picked me up some Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. Ya'll. It is good.
  • He also picked up some fancy cheese for Thanksgiving. His choices are interesting. Namely the Asiago which I am pretty sure is a hard, Parmesan-like cheese, meant to be grated, not enjoyed with crackers.
  • Invited my MIL to Thanksgiving. She's not coming. We haven't seen her for a year. Heh.
  • The auction is really picking up. Things are starting to fall into place. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but things don't look nearly so bleak. Hurrah!

9 comments:

Nik-Nak said...

Yay for walking and hosting your own Thanksgiving! I would love to do the holiday here but I'm not brave nor do I have enough faith in my skills to pull it off. Hope everything goes well and you must tell us EVERYTHING you make!

Nowheymama said...

I'm here if you want Thanksgiving hosting assvice. Tip #1: DELEGATE.

Chantal said...

I am glad things are going well with the auction. I have to admit that I hosted our Thanksgiving this year and I cheated and got a easy carve/stuffed turkey which made the whole thing really freaking easy. And no one seemed to mind :)

Swistle said...

I love the segue between "I am doing this! It is what I want! So I'm making it happen!" and then "I'm not sure this was the best idea." Ha ha ha!

Shalini said...

I know, we never have Thanksgiving at our house and I cook and cook and cook and IT MAKES ME BITTER. (This is because my parents are Indian and don't know how to cook a Thanksgiving meal without, like, garam masala, and my MIL is, um, terrible at cooking, so I take over.) Still, bitter!

d e v a n said...

I LURVE Thanksgiving and wish I lived close enough to family to host it but then I would also likely be worried about all the food and cleaning and stuff. Maybe they could each bring a side dish or dessert?

Saly said...

I wouldn't dream of not hosting Thanksgiving. I needs turkey sammiches!! It is overwhelming , but it will be great. you will enjoy it. So will your guests.

Laura Diniwilk said...

Do we have the same MIL? We have seen her once since last thanksgiving (she came to visit Lucy TWO MONTHS after she was born), and I'm not sure if we are going to see her this year or not.

Name brand of peppermint mocha deliciousness, please!

Beck said...

I read that as "PEPPERONI mocha coffee creamer" and thought EWWWW. That would probably not be very good.

Happy Thanksgiving!