Is this thing on?
Where did I go? No where far, I assure you. I am just trying to adjust to the new normal of being far more busy at work than I have been in the past. And I have never been good at getting anything done at home.
We work a skeleton crew during the holidays at my office so I worked my two days last week. This week I am completely off to be home with the boys. Honey took off last week and we had a vacation of sorts, going to the zoo, going to the Christmas festival, etc. It was nice. It is still hard to work around a baby who naps twice daily still, though. We had a nice Christmas. Honey made a ham. My folks came over. There were far too many presents and the garbage men came a day late, so our outside trash was overflowing. My bedroom is still covered in boxes from Amazon. I am torn between just wanting to throw them out and breaking them down to use in the gardens I am planning.
It is a bit chilly here today, but it is supposed to warm back up to the 70s by the weekend. Needless to say, it didn't feel very holiday-ish. We've watched the Phineas & Ferb movie too many times to count. The baby has started to dance recently, but he does the strangest thing. He twirls. I've never seen that before. He has also hit a naughty stage. I was thinking he would be chill like Brother, but it seems he is going to take more after Jelly and be a gleefully naughty bear. Oo boy. He is prone to grabbing things he isn't supposed to have and running. Drives me bonkers. And climbing. He climbs just like Jelly did. There are some differences between the two, of course. Scooter is a better sleeper and is more interested in nursing still than Jelly was at this stage. Brother had already weaned himself by this age. I occasionally worry Scooter won't self wean by age 2, which is my arbitrary limit. I figure after growing a kid for 9 months and nursing for two years, I get to get my body back. (Some prize, right? Saggy, shriveled everything.)
We did go to Whole Foods to get some dairy-free dairy products for Scooter. I never realized how much yogurt and cheese I feed my kids until I couldn't give any to Scooter. He really loves the yogurt and I am going to try my hand at making soy yogurt at home, since we don't have a Whole Foods around here and none of our local stores sell it and it is horrifically expensive. I have made dairy yogurt before, so I figure the process can't be that different. I will use the soy yogurt I have now as a starter. Although I do have to locate my yogurt maker...
2 comments:
Or you can make it in the crockpot! (There's a link at the bottom of the post about dairy-free yogurt). http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html
Katherine likes it best with coconut milk. :)
Funny how you found it cool and that made it not feel like the holidays. Where here for weeks everyone was complaining it was too warm and didn't feel like the holidays. But we got hit with a white Christmas and -30 Celsius temperatures. So it felt like Christmas in a hurry ;)
Our garbage collection came on the regular day and it appears my DH and I were the only ones not to know. We didn't have our organic waste out at 7:30 like it is supposed to be and we missed the pickup. Dang it, after Christmas it was full to the brim. And now we have to hold it for another 2 bloddy weeks. GAHHHH Shesh, maybe I need to write a blog post of my own instead of a book in your comments :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Misty!
Post a Comment