I have a confession.
I am not all that sure I want this baby to be born so soon. Two months. TWO MONTHS! I'm not ready. I'm not sure what I am going to do with three kids. Right now, he is safe and fed and frankly, isn't on my 'to do' list. I can sleep through the night (mostly). I can focus on trying to parent the older kiddos. I am just not sure how life is going to look in August, you know? Homework. Daycare. Housework. Job. Commute. Sleep. Storytime. Naptime. Mealtime. Help.
This construction has whipped my butt. We are still waiting for carpet in Brother's room, but after that we are done with everything the contractor was to do. The baby's room is still not set up (along with Brother's AND Jelly Bean's) and I wish it were. I can't figure out how to clean sheetrock dust from my floors (feel free to advise!) We need to rearrange closets and move furniture and I feel so overwhelmed and tired by the whole mess, I would rather close my eyes to it all. (My, aren't I positive today?) I think I am pretty glad that my friend is going to throw me my mini-baby shower so that I can have an incentive to get the house in order before that happens. There is still much caulking and painting and door knob installation to be done, but hopefully we will succeed in completing the important projects before the little party.
Speaking of the 'sprinkle', I have been still buying little things here and there that catch my eye. Soft cotton Carter's blankets with teeny monkeys on it. Little embroidered terry cloth bibs. Cute airplane stickers for the walls. I know this is my last go-round and I wanted to be able to buy some stuff for myself, so I am viewing whatever I get at the 'sprinkle' to be lagniappe.
In other news, I signed the boys up for the Siblings Class at our local hospital. Brother already did it, but I thought it would be nice for Jelly Bean to have HIS big brother there as well. Did you know that Jelly Bean has a baby in his tummy? This little baby's name is Luke and will come out of Jelly's 'wagina' at 'delivery'. Oh my. Brother had a little baby in his tummy when I was expecting Jelly Bean as well, but it never got carried this far. Luke ran away the other day, I was told. And I was relieved. But then he came back. (To be fair, Brother was older when he was going to be a brother than Jelly. He wasn't as...imaginative) I am a little concerned about what is going to happen when I deliver a little baby but Luke is still stuck in limbo. Do we take Jelly to the store and have him pick Luke out? Does Luke *appear* at the hospital? Yet another thing I need to figure out before August 1st.
3 comments:
You will be OK. :) but, yeah, I get the thought of "please stay in for awhile."
Fun fact- my aunt, who is from Baton Rouge, introduced the term “lagniappe” to our family. We use it all the time. Only I’ve always spelled it lanyap…lol. Anyway—you are going to be totally fine. FINE! 3 kids is not really a big deal, well, except that it kind of is, but you can totally swing it. You’re a super mama already, so it will be a piece of cake.
I remember feeling the same way about D2. It was easier to have him in than out. But of course we get over that don't we :). I hope all is well at your place. Did you get the book I mailed you? Take Care and lots of hugs!
Post a Comment