Friday, May 14, 2010

Listy

I want to buy a baby bed. Even though I know that we won't even use it until he outgrows the bassinet. I like this one, but all the recent crib recalls have me antsy. And it is a bit more than I wanted to spend...
~~~
Last night Brother was driving me bonkers with his incessant refusal to do homework so I went and ran myself a bubble bath in the Jacuzzi to get 'calgon' to take me away. Anyway, Jelly Bean wanders in and says, "Why you taking that bubble bath?" And I replied, "Because my legs are swollen." So he says, "My legs are swollen, too. Lots. All over." And then proceeds to climb in with me.
~~~
Jelly Bean has just been stung by a bee. Honey is going to pick him up from school because I am nervous about it. Good husband. Honey just left Lowes where he met the contractor because we needed to buy interior doors for the addition. And he remembered the $25 coupon off a purchase of $250 or more. VERY Good Husband. I shall give him a kiss.
~~~
I am constantly hungry and need to pee. I told my assistant today that I need a shirt that says, "I'm hungry and I have to pee." She said, "Yes, I am sensing a theme here," because I say those things all the time. How boring, right? I should probably just keep it to myself, yes?
~~~
We don't really have any plans for this weekend. I am so glad of that. No pressure, nothing we have to do. Maybe I will finally get the house a little cleaner. The addition is almost completed on the inside, which is pretty exciting. Because boy, oh boy, do I want these freaking construction workers out of my house and to take their damn port-a-potty with them.
~~~
My mother in her sweetness and inability to sit still for more than 5 seconds painted our bathroom and the baby's room this week. The bathroom is orange and the baby's room is blue with an orange accent wall, to match the bedding I have. I really love the bathroom, but wasn't loving the orange with the blue, but I am hoping that once I get the room loaded in and decorated, the colors will become background instead of so prominent. Maybe? Maybe.
~~~

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Love the bedding! I bet the room will be super cute. Orange + blue sounds very nice. :)

Beck said...

The baby's room sounds adorable!
For years I had no privacy whatsoever in the bathroom - they were always climbing into the tub with me! And I've just realized that it's been I don't know how long since that happened. Aw.

Saly said...

Heh, we kept all of our kids in the bassinet far too long. I couldn't LIVE without them RIGHT!NEXT!TO!ME!

Liv is real good for climbing in to the shower with me. I don't think I have been in the bathroom alone for a good 6 years.

I said it before and I'll say it again-- I need a pregnancy picture.
I wanna see that bump!

Chantal said...

I am a week late. I hope your weekend went well!