Monday, October 19, 2009

Recap

After work on Friday, Honey met me at my office with the kids (as he had a half day) and we went out for Chinese. It was actually pleasant as Jelly Bean sat and ate nearly the entire time we were there and we didn't feel like we were dining at gunpoint. Because the weather had turned cool, we went to the park afterward and ran into friends who we chatted with while the kids played for a good long while. (Ah, I looooove the feeling that I have a social life.) After we all decided it was too cold to stay out, we walked downtown for a cup of hot chocolate and rice krispie treats at the coffee shop. Brother was invited to stay the night at his friend's house, but I declined the offer because a) I am a paranoid freak and b) we had plans for the next day.

Saturday, we went to a local farm that was having a pumpkin festival. While it wasn't as authentic as I would have liked, we did get to see the sweet baby animals and listen to the cows. We took a hay ride and the kids climbed trees and waved to the pretty lady riding the horse. I actually ran into a colleague from work as well, which was a pleasant surprise and occasion to show off my beautiful family. After a yummy barbeque/jambalaya luncheon, we purchased the pumpkins the kids picked out and headed home. We ran to the grocery store and then met my dad at Our House for a visit while Honey and I cleaned up a bit.

Sunday, I spent the day in bed with a book, which was so delicious, I couldn't/wouldn't put it down...even when Honey was mowing the lawn and doing the laundry and I really should have been parenting my children... But it was chilly and I was warm and had my cocoa, and occasionally a child snuggled beside me.

It was a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

That does sound like a lovely weekend!

Nowheymama said...

I dread sleepovers. K. was invited to one in first grade! Uh, NO.

Chantal said...

oh that does sound lovely. I want one just like that!