Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chatty

I'm especially tired today. Ever notice how when you have a lot of stuff to do and the work extends beyond business hours and there is really no end in sight...and all you want to do is lay down and close your eyes and pretend none of it exists?

Or maybe that's just me.

I did get some things accomplished last night for Honey's side-of-the-family reunion that is coming up in December. I called a bunch of people I don't even know and told them that I am having a party for Poppy's 70th birthday and they are all coming. And bring a covered dish. Dammit. People are supposed to call me to tell me what they are bringing so we don't have 8 tubs of potato salad and I think then is when I am going to spring on them that Jelly Bean has a nasty peanut/tree nut allergy, will they kindly not poison my child? *Ahem*

I have vast and wonderful plans to do spreadsheets and marketing materials for the PTA. (I will not mention that I have these plans every night, they just never happen. But we have an actual meeting tomorrow, so I need to produce.) I would just like to say: I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Additionally, I will remember this the next time I get all enthusiastic and volunteer for stuff. It's like now I have a part-time job that I am doing for free. It requires just as much energy and creativity as my paying job. (Don't ask me what was I thinking...What was I thinking???) But I will see it through. Let's hope May comes soon.

Halloween is coming up. Brother is going to be Harry (which he also was when he was 2), but what about the wee Bean? I am thinking Pirate. That would make Honey happy. Unless you have a quick/easy/cheap idea?

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

A pirate would be so cute!! PTA sounds a lot like the mom's group I help run. A job with no pay. lol

LoriD said...

A pirate would be cute and pretty easy. Bart wants to be Super Mario - overalls, red shirt, red hat, white gloves and you're pretty much done.

Chantal said...

Yes the volunteer work can get quite overwhelming can't it. I have more of it lined up for when I am on mat leave and then I get stressed cause I worry that I may not have enough time/energy to do it all. UGH.

Saly said...

Eeesh. Hub and I are both on the PTA and I can not even believe how much work it is. I never imagined!!