The weather changed yesterday and we have finally been able to turn off the air conditioner, at least during the day, and throw open the windows. The house has been shut up all summer and feels stifling and dusty (and full of rabbit hair, to my chagrin.) I love reading next to an open window by the natural light with a hot drink, the breeze wafting the steam towards me. My heart wants to relax and enjoy this moment. I keep being reminded that these are the times of our one and only lives.
I am loathe to say how busy I am. We are all busy, trying to figure out the balancing act of life and work and obligations and parenthood. I am loathe to say I am tired, because really, everyone's tired. I guess right now I do want to say that I am thankful that my problems are skimpy little things, really, much like the teeny bikinis that I wouldn't look twice at in the store. Even though occasionally they feel as voluminous and heavy as an over-sized wool sweater. And that I am open to the lessons of the past and the glow of the present and the wonder of the future.
Today I am am feeling glimmers of optimism. Hope looks inviting on the rack. I try it on and find that it fits perfectly.
2 comments:
beautiful post, and perfect for Canadian Thanksgiving :)
I'm glad some hope is creeping in there.
Post a Comment