Thursday, October 9, 2008

Young Love

It has happened. I admit, I have been taken by surprise. I didn't think it could happen this soon. I didn't think it could happen to me. Alas...

This female has stolen my little boy's heart.

Jelly Bean had seemingly slept late today and I have meetings this afternoon, so it was a 'dress up for work' day. I did my makeup and fixed my hair and went to go wake a teeny Bean. When I got into his room, he was awake and playing with toys in his crib. He said, "Yook! MawMaw, Yook!" as he waved her about. "FOOFA!"

See, he doesn't even know my name. He had a daycare teacher who had the children call her "MawMaw" which is a term for grandmother where I live. But Jelly now calls me "MawMaw" no matter how much I correct him to say "Mommy", (which he CAN say, he just chooses not to.) You notice he can pronounce "Foofa" with no problems though, eh?

So, I take him to get him dressed and he frets when I make him put Foofa down so that I can put on his shirt. He loves Foofa. He gives her mooches and snuggles. Then he looks up at me with shining eyes and says, "MawMaw, Foofa rocks."

*Ouch*

I am going to be a terrible mother in law. I can see it now.

5 comments:

Nowheymama said...

HA!

I REFUSED to let K. call her southern grandparents MawMaw and PawPaw. I'm such a Yankee snob.

Chantal said...

Oh the first love. :)

d e v a n said...

ha! I don't even want to think about me as a mother in law. My babies!

Jess said...

I think I just gained some extra sympathy for my almost-MIL's situation.

LoriD said...

LOL!

I like to think I'll be a cool MIL, but it will only work if Bart's wife is sweet and submissive (i.e. not like me. hee).