Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Camp Idontwanna

I feel like there are a million things I should be doing...and I don't want to do any of them. Not carve the pumpkins, not make Halloween costumes. Not call DC or find those articles or send that fax. Not finish those two homework assignments that are due. Not rinse out my lunch dishes.

Nothing. I want to do nothing. Blah.

I want to go home to my bed and open the windows so that the cool breeze and the warm sunshine filter in. I want to put on some comfy PJs, arrange some pillows, and prop myself up in bed with a cup of tea and a good book. I want to just relax and not have any responsibilities for a while.

This is impossible. Because I know that even if I went home and even if I settled down with a book that I would have to just get up in a small while and figure out dinner and then I would have to go pick up the kids and wrangle my homework and Brother's, because it has to be done. Kids get hungry. I get hungry. And I want an A, therefore homework must be done. I couldn't turn my mind off, even if I wanted to. In the end, I feel a little selfish even wanting a 'break'. I have a break every weekend, you know? Honey gives me plenty of time to read or nap or even go out if I wanted to. I think what is always pressing is what I have to do next, all the while making sure that I don't take advantage of my sweet husband's willing nature.

UG. Tell me. If you could do anything right now, just for you, what would it be? Let's pretend; shall we?

8 comments:

Emblita said...

Oh I am so the same way! Even when I have the chance to relax I'll suddenly think of something that I "have" to do.
I like your fantasy. PJ's, book, tea... no responsibilities

Nowheymama said...

I wish I were alone in bed, doped up on heavy-duty cold meds with a hot toddy and a good book. (I know, I know...I won't because I'm nursing....)

Anonymous said...

I SO want a glass of wine. The end.

LoriD said...

I always have a hard time doing nothing. Right now, I would love to be at home in comfy clothes, curled up with a hot coffee and a good movie. Actually, I'd like to do that in a hotel room, because then I couldn't find something else that just had to be done.

Chantal said...

what do I really want to do? This is pathetic but I want to take a week off work and de-clutter my whole house. It is getting out of control and I hate it. Sad. I know.

Jenni said...

I would take a nap in TOTAL peace - not listening to my husband let our kid scream his brains out, or the two of them thumping around down stairs, or having to get up to pee 400 times or shift becasuse my hips hurt. That would be bliss.

Anonymous said...

When I wish I were alone I remember what my life was like without kiddos - and that really makes me appreicate them.

mamacrow said...

I had this fantasy for a looooong time and last weekend I went and stayed with my mum...

I missed everyone like crazy of course, but I stayed in bed both mornings till 11, and sat around and read books, and she wouldn't let me cook or wash up, and I coul walk around for hours without having to talk or without anyone talking at me....

it was so worth the slight homesickness!