So, yesterday I had a bout of barfing flu/food poisoning/stomach mayhem. Honey had it too. And we *thought* the Jelly Bean had it as well, so we kept him home from the daycare. But to our dismay (YES! Dismay!) the baby was seemingly fine and jumpy and happy and...had two parents with the barfing flu/food poisoning/stomach mayhem.
Can you see where the dismay comes in?
So, Honey and I took turns lying in bed and being dead while the other parent watched Yo Gabba Gabba 80 bazillion times and heard pleas of "Ow-Ti!" but could not drag his/her leaden body into the bright sunshine and heat. Misery, I tell you.
On the upside! I am crazy and masochistic because it is like the super 24 hour diet! I lost like 5 pounds! Awesome. (No hatin'. I know it is mostly water and I have likely gained it all back by now. Meh.)
What was kind of funny is the thoughts I was having as I was vomiting into our less than pristine toilet. (And I have a thing about vomiting into clean toilets. It is preferred. Can I get an A-men?) "OMG, do I seriously want to get pregnant again? And feel like this? For three freaking whole months?" Bleahhhhh.
Speaking of dismay, my little "good child" who won the school award last week for excellent behavior? Got into a fist fight. At the bus stop. This morning. Over who was first in line. *Le Sigh* But in his defense...well, he participated. There isn't a whole lot to say in his defense other than he can't fight and the other kid is an asshole and Brother was the one who was crying so hysterically that he couldn't even get on the bus and I have to drive him to school and get him to quit hyperventilating. I think it is only natural that I am angry at the other kid. Brother shouldn't have pushed him back. He shouldn't have pinched him. I keep trying to teach him to walk away and get a grown-up. If he stays there, the situation just escalates beyond Brother's limit and he can't handle it. Plus, the other kid is an asshole. Did I mention that?
His punishment? In part, to be at the end of the line to get on the bus for the rest of the week. To teach him it doesn't freaking matter. I wonder if it will work. I will figure out the rest later.
8 comments:
Well, that's a good punishment. It's hard to know how to react, eh? On the one hand, he should have just walked away. On the other hand, it would be hard for me to walk away and not defend my position (verbally, but still), so why is more expected of a 7-year-old? Le sigh, indeed.
Hope you and Honey are feeling better today!
That is a good punishment. Sorry you're sick. :(
I hope you guys are feelign better AND that that 5 lbs stays off.
At the end of a pregnancy there is something good to look forward to, though. Not that losing 5 lbs. isn't fun. ;)
Oh barfing flu sucks. Last time I had it I remember thinking "I can't get pregnant and do this voluntarily" of course I got over it :).
Poor Brother. I give my son the same sort of rules. It sucks when the other parents don't. Where the other kids parents there?
I totally hear you!!!
Hey, there's a picture of you! On your blog!! :)
Hope you are feeling better!
Ha ha! I am the same whenever I'm queasy: I think, "OH GOD, I CAN'T GET PREGNANT AGAIN."
Oh, I got distracted and forgot why I came here! You won one of the Milk and Cookies gift certificates. My nice boss Nataly will be emailing it to you. Yay!
Post a Comment