I know it is only because I am away from home.
I know it is because I feel the need to play perfect house guest and cook and clean.
I know that it will all get better when the power comes back on and we can go back to our own messy cluttered overgrown home.
I know I do not need la miracle pill du jour.
But GAWD. I am just not doing well. I feel like a guitar string that is wrapped so tightly and the slightest little thing...*PLUCK* The tension reverberates through my body. I am going to have a heart attack by 30, I swear.
I feel like I am on this long, overdrawn, overdone vacation. My soul is sunburned and tired of the gritty sand and just wants to get out of here. I am starting to hate everything I used to love about this place. I also hate shelling out massive amounts of money for a place where we can't even currently live. Bastards.
Family. School. Work. Bills. Responsibilities. Chores. Obligations. I just don't think Calgon is going to cut it. Someone FedEx me some glittery red slippers.
*Click* *Click* *Click*
There's no place like home...
There's no place like home...
There's no place like home...
5 comments:
Oh sweety! I hope that the power will be back very very soon.
It sucks when you have to be somewhere other than home! Specially when you know you can't just go back home whenever you want to.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the power to come on quickly!
Come on, Power Company! Get it together for Misty!
I hope you can get home soon. It must be trying for everyone. Do you think there will be some compensation available? I'm sure there are people (maybe even you) who have lost a whole freezer full of food and and others who have had to stay in a hotel. I'm trying to remember if we got any compensation for the August 2003 black-out... I think we did.
oh no! I hope the power comes back on NOW!
Oh man, this is taking a long time isn't it. I can just imagine how hard it must me. Hang in there. We are thinking about you!
Post a Comment