Monday, September 1, 2008

On Location!

So, here I am, on an impromptu-hurricane-generated vacation in Memphis. Oh, Elvis. You and Hurricanes just seem to go together. Why, our relationship started during Andrew and carried through to Katrina. And now, Gustav. I am positively smitten with your come-hither smile and barbeque ribs.

I shan't talk about the 10 hour drive or contraflow.
I shan't discuss how much I hate eating junk food all day or that the Bean screamed for the first 2 hours of the trip. Solid.

I shall only talk about scoring this swanky suite at a steal. Complete with KITCHEN and SOFA and SEPARATE BEDROOM. And how we are going to the zoo and dive into some delicious sauce sometime today. Or how, really, overall, the kids did fabulously on the supposed-to-be-5-hour-but-really-10 hour trip. We are fine. I am thinking the house is fine. Keep your fingers crossed for the contents of my chest freezer! We are hoping to be able to head home tomorrow.

Everyone, wherever you are. Be safe.

8 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I'm glad you all are safe! Enjoy your BBQ. Hang on, chest freezer!

Emblita said...

So happy to hear that you and the family are okey! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your house is okey.

Jenny H. said...

I have had a love affair with Elvis myself, for quite some time. My husband know all about it!

Mmmm,ribbbbsss. Sauce. Strangely, I am beginning to feel like Homer Simpson...

I am glad you are okay. I am keeping my fingers crossed about your home.

LoriD said...

Glad you posted... I was thinking about you.

Enjoy Memphis!

Heidi said...

Nice job on the room. I hope you are on the way home by now. Good luck!

Chantal said...

Glad to hear you are okay. Take care and enjoy your "vacation"

d e v a n said...

Glad you're alright! I wish I was at my real home - we're only 3 hours from Memphis!

theflyingmum said...

Way to stay positive! You be safe, too.