Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Not Only
I feel like, just within the past couple of weeks, my kids have gotten to this great age. Like, all of a sudden, I just so appreciate Brother for his grown-up-ness. His ability to really pitch in and help with the baby. It just seems like he has gotten so mature overnight. I remember when the baby was little and I wouldn't even let Brother pick him up, and now Jelly Bean runs for Brother and Brother picks him right up and gives him a snuggle. Of course, Jelly Bean is 2 and Brother is 7, so it looks a little funny because, in the end, they really aren't that different in size.
~~
And Jelly Bean is just talking up a storm. He can parrot just about anything that I say. (With sometimes interesting results. *Ahem*) We are starting to talk more and more about the potty. He has figured out how to open doors. Now he is a big two-year-old and I wonder where my little baby went. Sometimes I wish I could remember every second, but I just don't. At the same time, I am so glad to be experiencing the age he is at NOW. How he tries to count. One! Two! One! And then jump crazily or run like he's got Weeble in his genes. I love how his hair flies. And he loves Brother so much that he cries when Brother goes to the bus in the morning.
I feel really lucky that I was able to give them this. This siblinghood. Something I never really experienced. I am so so happy for them. And of course Jelly wants to be with Brother every second and of course Brother wants to lock the baby out of his room when his friends are over. I remember enough of that from when my girl Friday and I were growing up and the shenanigans that she and her sibs got into. (My god, it was a crazy-making mess.)
My dad is really close to his sister. And he used to tell me how he felt bad for me (only child) because I didn't have that kind of relationship, nor would I ever have that kind of relationship. And I used to think he was nuts. How can you miss what you have never had? But my boys don't have to miss out. And I thank each one of my lucky stars, individually and by name, that they have what they have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sweet. :) I love the picture too. They are adorable!
My sister and I are ten years apart, so I feel like my close-in-age kids are experiencing something that I didn't, either. It's neat to watch.
Beautiful. They are adorable! Isn't amazing how often as parents our hearts feel like bursting they are so full of love. And then there are those other time, which we won't talk about here ;)
Aaawww they are just adorable! I have two siblings and as the oldest sib. I can tell you that even though I would lock them out of my room when I had friends over I still loved them deeply :p
Post a Comment