Firstly, there were some hair clips in pink and black. Which I like. I like hair doo-dads.
Secondly, there were a pair of dainty pearl earrings. I have a thing for pearls. I read once that they were for tears, which sounds lovely because they can be for tears of joy as well as tears of sorrow. But then, I remember that tears are really watery snot. Kinda ruins that. Oh, well. Still like the earrings.
Finally, the Grande Dame, Piece de Resistance,

So, I made some cookies. And pancakes were mixed. But tell me, what do YOU do with this thing? I feel like I am underestimating its capabilities because from the way some folks talk about this thing, it should make me be able to fly. Or be invisible. Or clean my house. Or something.
7 comments:
hehe. I LOVE mine, but it's definitely not magic. If something needs mixed though, or beaten, I'm all over it. lol
Yay! I use mine several times a week - cookies, quick breads, pancakes, cornbread, cakes, frosting... It's not magic, but it does make it easier to multi-task because you can leave it to mix while you go and do something else. Also good for kneading bread dough.
Happy (almost) birthday!
Wow--I am jealous. But happy for you! When's your birthday? Mine is on Sunday.
I have that exact one and LOVE it. I made homemade marshmallows last year (and I will again this year). They were awesome, and I could never have done it with a hand mixer. I like Lori's idea of using it to knead bread. I have never tried that, but I just might now!
Happy Birthday! I love my giant mixer. Of course I only use it for cakes, cookies, doughs etc. If I buy a special attachment, I can also grind meats but I am not ready to make sausage.
Mine gets used a lot too. I have the meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment. Only thing is, you realize quickly just. how. much. fat they add to sausages to make them taste even remotely good.
I do occasionally grind my own meat - especially after the first mad cow scare I did beef a lot. Now we are not eating beef so I may grind chicken or turkey for turkey, etc.
It is amazing for baking, and I use it for kneading dough, too, unless I really need the therapy of hand kneading, kwim?
Oh, and I'd never be able to make buttercream icing without it.
Enjoy it! It makes baking with kids much, much easier and more fun.
Hey Misty...you're the lucky winner of...a Brilliante Weblog award!
I do so love dropping by "your house" and I think you're a great writer. Hope you keep it up.
http://www.urbanmoms.ca/losing_it/2008/09/tickled-pink.html
Post a Comment