Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Swamp

So,

At the suggestion of the second guy I got to 'give me a quote' on our swamp (which he actually never did...), I flagged down the Contractor who handles our neighborhood and works for the Builder. I basically gave him my sob story of how there is no place for my children to have a swing set. How 'all' the landscape architects I had to give me quotes (inflating it just a bit to say they were 8 to 9 grand) asked, "Why didn't the Builder take care of this issue?" and "This is why your house was so cheap."

Pfft, says I. Cheap house? Tell me another.

Anyway. Also, how maybe if the Contractor could build a ditch down the property line, maybe that would help (and I wouldn't have to pay for it) seeing as how the water goes about 20 feet beyond where it used to, due to them filling in the lot next door. Also told him how I was really concerned about fixing our yard because we didn't want to flood our neighbor's yards because "we are just not that kind of people."

Where's the hip boots, you say?

So, he said he would go back and talk to Builder and I talked to the Contractor again yesterday morning. He said that Builder is currently hunting for the orginal drainage plans to see if they were followed. IF they were not followed, he will 'finish the job'. IF they were not followed, he said they need to rectify the situation.

So, I took that to mean that he was going to fix my yard. What do you think?

(OhpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohPLEASE)

3 comments:

LoriD said...

Seems like you win either way. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is great news!!!

Chantal said...

oh man new home issues. I just read your comment on LoriD's site. I am in the same predicament you are with the third kid thing. I am trying to work that logic into my hubby's head now... Wish me luck.