Ok, so I got me some news. No, it is not about a marriage (I have already made that legal commitment). But it is about someone that I love. You know. "Love" in the way you can love a public official love. Totally smitten with a superstar kind of love. But LOVE, nonetheless.
Guess who went to a Hillary Rally on Friday?
And guess who else was there?

It was a bit like going to church. The feeling of doing the right thing for youself, for the common man, and for the world. It made me want to do something important. It made me appreciate how much the Clintons have done for the world. I was astounded to find out how some of Hillary's first world changing works are things that affect me everyday: the protections for abused children. How much things have changed since a Clinton was last in office. How much things could change again if a new Clinton was in the White House.
Now, whether or not she even gets a shot at being President, I know this. These are people who I strongly admire, who care about a lot of the same things I do. In my view, they are heroes. Real ones. It is moving to be in the same room with him. I don't really live in a place where progress is prized or liberal is a decent term.
And guess who got to shake Mr. President's Hand?

That's Right. I shall never wash again.
Who's a lucky girl? Who? ;)
3 comments:
Wow. Cool!
Oh, Bill Clinton is totally on "my list". You know the one....
I'm JEALOUS!
I grew up among the Bill Is Evil Incarnate crowd, so I feel a little gypped that I really don't know any of the good that he or Hillary has accomplished. One reason why I'm disenchanted with politics is that each side views the other as the enemy, when in reality there's a lot of good, or at least earnestness, that gets overlooked.
Pretty cool that you got to shake a president's hand.
Post a Comment