Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Postpourri

a.) Go read my honey's blog: He is Hilarious!

b.) My 6-year-old has started lying to get out of trouble. He is current in the middle of a 3 day punishment meant to suck everything fun out of life. No TV, no computer, no video games, no bike riding, no friends, no food, no air, no NOTHING! Ok, so the last three are not really part of the deal. But he is driving me crazy. I feel like I need a book entitled, New and Innovative Punishments: Legalized torture that will get your kids to actually do what you say! Tell me if it comes out, ok?

c.) Jelly Bean is sprouting his second tooth. Brother lost his second tooth. I need to get both Bro and myself to the dentist soon. There is a lot of thinking about the pearly whites going on around here.

d.) Jelly Bean has also started taking steps. When the daycare first told me, I had my whole day of the sulkies. Fortunately (I guess), I did not cry about it like I did when Jelly didn't want to see me at the daycare and preferred the teacher. I knew I was going to miss his first steps. Sometimes I hate myself so much for wanting another baby so badly, but not preparing for it. What did I think? The credit card debt would magically disappear? The student loans would evaporate? Doug's old clunker would go on forever? Even though I put it in the back of my mind and kind of just go on, I really do hate it that someone else is raising my children for me. I think, for the rest of my life, I will regret missing Jelly Bean's Firsts.

e.) Speaking of Firsts, Jelly Bean's first birthday is coming up soon. I am thinking of this theme with this cake. What do you think? I am up for jungle themed suggestions!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Here is some notepouri...

1. I do find your husband to be quite hysterical. My satellite radio goes off under bridges and I also continue singing.

2. If you find such a book, I'll read it. Because 3-year-olds lie too, probably not to the same extent, but they lie.

3. Yay for teeth!!!

4. Don't beat yourself up. Daycare is not raising your child, they're helping you out. It's so tough when the baby is so little and you feel like your missing everything, I know. It gets better as they get older, when you can really spend quality time with them, and it means something.

5. I LOVE the theme, the animals are so cute, and if you pull off making that cake, you deserve an award or something.

Misty said...

Sara,

You are so nice to me. I like that in a person.

-Misty

Sara said...

I'm nice here for my lack of being nice in the real world. haha

That's what I like about the blog world. There are people out there who let you know you're not alone.

theflyingmum said...

The CAKE is FABulous! Save me a slice (with ice cream, of course.)
And ditto what Sara said - regardless of missing the baby milestones, you will likely be an excellent parent as they grow up.