Yay! Yay! Yay! I have been tagged for a meme!
What's a meme?
I think I am supposed to cut and paste some rules or something, but you can go look at them here if you so choose. THEN I am supposed to tell you 8 of my deepest darkest most personal secrets. Or just 8 things you don't know about me. I will try to be scandalous.
1. I do not like animals. No no, I am not a cruel and inhumane person. I would just rather not have any animals in my house. They make messes. And...
2. I am a TERRIBLE housekeeper. I do not like to clean at all. Therefore my house is pretty darn dirty. I have fantasies of having friends over, but would be too ashamed to let them see the inside of my house. But having people over for dinner is unlikely because...
3. I do not make friends easily. In fact, I went to go see my husband's new office and he said, "Hey, do you want to meet my boss?" And I gave him the look and said, "If you are going to make me talk to people, I am leaving." Yeah.
4. I am actually very mean. My husband just called me on my meanness and I banished him from the living room.
5. Which is a lovely shade of yellow. As is every other wall/ceiling in my house. I would like to paint every room a different color, but
6. Much like my mother, I am afraid to deviate from the neutral norm as it might "affect the resale value." I had scorned her for always having white walls for the majority of my life. Now I do the exact same thing. Even though I will probably not sell any time in the foreseeable future.
7. If we do sell and move I hope it will be because my husband got a kick ass job in a coastal city (East or West, I don't care. Just get me out of Jesusland.) And it only requires him to work a measly 5 hours a week for about 500 grand a year doing something really science-ish because he would just love that. And the job is only a five minute bike ride from our swanky, Green, Cobb House. Oh, and the world will be like it is in John Lennon's Imagine.
8. I have a very active imagination. But I'm not the only one...
Now I am supposed to tag a bunch of people, but other than The Flying Mum and Sara, I am not really comfortable tagging bloggers who I secretively read, but never comment on (it is the making friends thing). And the blogs I do comment on regularly are the super duper famous bloggers who I promise to tag right after God finishes the meme I tagged her with. So, you all will just have to suffice with seeing who the Mum tagged. As I am an anti-social grouch.
Perhaps this is why I have never been tagged for a meme! I am just grumpy; don't mind me.
5 comments:
hey grumpy.... :)
I am the same way! People have actually asked Ed why I am so bitchy. Really, I just don't say anything unless I have good reason too. Likewise, I automatically do no like people unless I'm given good reason to. I think we're kindred, you and I.
Ah, so you are a "lurker!" Lurking around blogs but not commenting - yeah, I do that too.
Thanks for doing this, I enjoyed reading your 8 "scadalous" things!
-'mum
um, I meant "scandalous."
Sara: Do you know that I had come to that conclusion as well? That we are very very much alike.
Mum: Thanks for tagging me! And I know I am a lurker. I am too shy to say stuff sometimes. I feel like folks are going to say, "Hey, who the heck is that girl, thinking she can comment on my life. Hmph." Even though I know I am thrilled when someone comments on my blog.
Go figure.
ha ha, i hate meeting new people too!
Post a Comment