Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peachy

So yesterday was the rare occasion where the kids had school, but Honey and I were off of work. We planned to spend the entire day in fits of childless glee. Alas, the wee one decided that it would be a lovely day to get a nasty seal-barky cough and a 102+ temperature. Talk about a buzz kill. I am still mourning a Baskin Robins lunch I had planned.

Today I had a rough day at work wherein every person on the face of the planet told me I sucked and I had to smile and tell them to please come again soon because it is their job make me feel like gum on the bottom of someone's shoe - smooshed and thoroughly unwelcome - and I surely did not want them to get a poor employment evaluation.

Somehow or another it is so much easier to focus on the negativity rather than the good stuff. I had at least three separate people profusely thank me for being helpful, patient, and kind. I taught someone to send an email, found resources for an entire class of 7th graders to do a research paper, and wrote a schedule for an entire staff for the week of Thanksgiving (which was by far, the hardest thing I did all day.) I also recorded some radio spots at the local station which was so dry/hot I felt like I had walked into a bread oven only without the nice smell. 

Scooter was feeling much better today, but Honey still stayed home most of the day with him. Brother didn't have much homework and was able to go outside before piano lessons. I made a dinner that everyone actually ate, even treat-fiend Jelly Bean. So even with all of the things that sometimes feel like they are going chronically, oppressively wrong... everything really is just peachy.  Really.

2 comments:

Saly said...

Aww, look at you making lemonade from lemons. My day dates with Ed, while the kids are at school, are my favorite.

Chantal said...

days really are like that aren't they. I need to remind myself to remember the good stuff often.