
I am a huge fan of librarians. Big shocker, I know, seeing as I am one myself. I am a firm believer that librarians are just the nicest, most interesting people on the planet. They. Know. Everything. Which is why I became a librarian...to be as close as possible to knowing everything seeing as it is not really possible to know everything...but I digress. Having huge respect for the Children's Librarian at my local library branch, I always check out what she has selected to display on top of the bookshelves. These are the books she wants to be sure you see... the best, the newest, the most awesome. So I pick up two. One by Kathryn Otoshi (which is really wonderful) and Pete & Pickles by Berkley Breathed.


Do you know this? It was done in 2008 and I hadn't come across it before. But oh, it is lovely. I think I enjoyed it far more than Jelly Bean did. The illustrations are done so well. They tell a more in depth version of the texted story. I say "Dare to dream of a different life" a lot. That is partially what this book is about... along with love, doing the right thing, remembrance, fear, imagination. And it has dandelions. *Happy Sigh*
Anyway, I want to give one of these books away to you. So you can read it and love it, too. Leave a comment telling me about your all-time favorite illustrated book, whether it be children's lit or graphic novel and you will be entered into this Fabulous! Giveaway!
And tell your friends. It is more fun that way and we can all get good book recommendations from the comments.
10 comments:
This is hard because there are so many wonderfully illustrated children's books! One of my kids's favorites is Miss Spider's Tea Party.
oops. Didn't mean to write kids's - haha
Me me me! I love The Pencil and Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed.
Oh gosh, how to pick just one? I really can't and you can't make me. I'll tell you my favorite of the last week that we just got from the library - Children Make Terrible Pets. Love the illustrations!
Oh no! Do I really have to pick ONE?! I love "The Kissing Hand" for the story and illustrations, "Piggies" by Don and Audrey Wood (I love most of their books/illustrations, actually), "Rapunzel" by Paul O. Zelinsky, "Harold and the Purple Crayon"....oh! And we just read a book called "Chalk" which was one of those wonderful books that tells the story through the illustrations! Sorry!! I CAN'T just pick one =)...we have 2 giant bookshelves and we STILL have books on nearly every surface of the house =).
I recommended this book to another blogger a few days ago...
High In The Clouds by Paul McCartney (and others)
The illustrations are beautiful and the story is long but interesting. It does have an element of sad to it but my two year old doesn't care. She just loves th epictures.
My favorite kid book is Go Dog, Go. I can't help it. Lucy's current favorite is No David! because there is a picture of David running naked and you see his bum.
I love The Gruffalo (Julia Donaldson) and all the Skippyjon Jones books (Judy Schachner). PS - if my name comes up in the draw, just re-draw - it's a pain shipping to Canada. :-)
I love the Seven Silly Eaters, illustrated by Marlee Frazee. She signed a copy for me! I could pore over those pictures for hours.
It's impossible to choose. But we've been back to reading "A Splendid Friend, Indeed" lately. And K. and I met the author, who's from PA. Woot!
Post a Comment