Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hair/Reunion

So, I had gotten my hair cut for the reunion and I really love it. It might be my favorite hair cut I have gotten so far. I usually have a hard time for the first couple weeks or so. I have to figure it out. Do I straighten it? Do I curl it? How exactly do I blow dry it? I am so low maintenance with my hair, that I cringe at any recommendations. Ug! More work? No way. But my stylist gave me this great tip: Dry in layers. At first I was all, no thanks. But then I did it? Oh, it made such a HUGE difference in volume. I have fine, straight, flat hair. This works wonders for me.

So I pull it all up in a clip on the top of my head, dry it in layers with a round brush and that's it. Styled enough for my tastes and ready to go. Whee!


Before, on way to night parade. Cute pink streak, yes?
After, heading to day parade. Not very best picture of the hair, but cute Brother in background as bonus.


So, the reunion.
My pretty dress. Picture doesn't do dress justice.
I am usually very photogenic, but Honey kind of sucks at taking pictures of people.

The reunion was ok. I spent a couple hours talking to people I didn't even really talk to in High School, because only one of my friends showed up. There was much drama over the whole thing and people being picky and having no tolerance for event planners who were not accustomed to event planning. My thought was: if someone throws a party for you, show up. So, not a lot of people came, but I am glad I went. I had a nice time showing people pictures of my family and the food was good. I didn't drink (nursing, also driving), but there was enough alcohol in the building to start a liquor store.

I was surprised about how many of my classmates became cops. Equally surprised about how many became strippers. We had a couple of people who became Physician's Assistants, but no actual doctors or lawyers. In high school I had been nominated for two 'favorites': Hardest Worker and Teacher's Pet (Shut up.) The girl who beat me out for both of them is now a secretary at a soft drink factory, so I feel slightly smug. (I know, judgey. Sorry.)

Some people also put on weight, others seemed to have lost weight, but weren't aging as well. The music was too loud, but one of my friends was running around sporting his letterman jacket, so that was fun. Everyone was really smiley and happy to be there. I didn't feel awkward, but am very good at lying to myself. Plus, I had sufficiently pep talked myself on the drive there. Sometimes you spend so much time worrying about something that when it is actually happening, you are all worried out. And by 'you' I mean 'me'.

I left early because Honey was home with the boys and I wanted to get back to them as soon as I could, seeing as it was a bit of a drive. I'm glad I went. I'm also glad it's over.

7 comments:

Swistle said...

How nice! And I love your hair! And your dress!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. I agree with Swistle and love both your hair and your dress.

Glad you had a good time. I went to my 20 yr last year and it was so much fun b/c I spent nearly all my time getting to know people I didn't really know in high school.

I don't think we had many strippers though. Damn.

Nowheymama said...

You look so pretty! And happy! Good for you!

d e v a n said...

LOVE your hair!!

I'm glad you went and it went well!

Erin said...

You look fabulous, my dear.

And you are BRAVE! I skipped my last high school reunion (fall 2010). I told myself it was because it was during the day on a Saturday (WTH?) and it was a beautiful fall day and I wanted to do something outside with my family. But really, it's because I cringe at my high school self. I was a bit of a wild child and still feel embarassed about some things I did. I'm sure no one else cares or remembers, but it's hard to muster the courage to face what I used to be.

LoriD said...

Cuuute... the hair, the dress, YOU!

I went to my hs reunion last year - I had a really great time and caught up with so many people I had forgotten about. Despite the great time, I don't feel the need to ever go to another one. I already keep in touch with the people I care about. :-)

Saly said...

Love the hair!! LOVE the dress.

My 10 year reunion, I swore I wouldn't go while fat. But I did, and I sat around talking to all the people I kept in touch with since high school. Nobody else.

I had fun.