Monday, June 21, 2010

Listy

  • I am so tired. I really feel like laying on the floor should be seriously considered. Ug, where are you 4:00?
  • Tonight we have swimming lessons for Jelly Bean. It is a million degrees out. This does not make me feel rested, to know I have to sit in the heat while he swims.
  • Swimming lessons stress me out. Mentally, it is very like watching my baby stand on the edge of a cliff. My heart races; I panic. My muscles are ready to spring into action to fish him out of the water. Overall, not a relaxing experience. (Yes, I need a chill pill. At least I don't let my phobias prevent me from signing him up, yes? This is a good thing.)
  • Did you know that it is exponentially easier having one child as opposed to two? I did not know this! Really. I didn't! It is a complete revelation to me. I would have said that Brother was my easy child and that Jelly Bean was my ornery bit who required so much more attention. But the past few days with two parents and one kid as Brother is on a trip with my folks? Like some sort of spa vacation. I am enjoying Jelly so much.
  • Brother is having a grand time as well. I'm glad. I hope he is missing us at least a little bit and will come home with a lovely new attitude.
  • Don't worry, I'm not banking on the lovely new attitude.
  • Our to do list is sooooo looooong that we literally made it out and the categorized it according to what needs to be done prior to the maternity/family pictures I scheduled to be taken at the house, what needs to be done prior to the 'sprinkle', and what needs to be done prior to delivery.
  • Somehow or another, Honey and I manage to get sucked into these very-important-yet-not-on-the-list tasks. HOW does that happen? I do not know.
  • My last ultrasound is scheduled for this week. Last. As in am due very soon and they are checking the baby's position. Wow. How did THAT happen?
  • Signed up for the cord blood banking thing today. Feel very good about it. (Here's my money, take it! I have no use for it apparently. Still, am pleased about it.)
  • The nursery is almost done! Whee! We bought a beautiful new crib and washed the bedding. Very exciting. Can't wait to completely check it off the list.

3 comments:

Jess said...

OK, I have two questions:

1. Can you watch the swimming lesson from IN the pool? Because that would probably be a lot more comfortable for you.

2. Will you be posting photos of the nursery when it's all done?

LoriD said...

I get the same feeling at swimming lessons!

Saly said...

Oh I feel you on the swimming...so feel you. When Bud was at a pool party recently, I hovered near the edge of the pool the entire time, watching, and freaking out. The other parents just chilled.

Can we see the nursery?

Can we see the family photo? Still haven't seen that belleh....