- I am hungry and wishing it was time for lunch. I am fantasizing about what delicious things Lunch holds in store for me. I am pretty sure fries are involved. Or Thai! Oooo.
- I am having pants issues. I had lost a bit of weigh pre-pregnancy and so was wearing my old clothes that were mightily too big everywhere, except in the waist, where they were getting snug. Imagine, flowy skirt-like jeans with the crotch at the knees. Not good. But! While they were lost for a while, this morning I located my only pair of maternity jeans. I put them on this morning and went to look in the mirror and thought DAMN as Apple bottom Jeans played in my head. I felt *fine*.
- Then I determined that only a pathetically crazy woman would feel sexy in maternity pants.
- Moving on! TAP is still a cause of frustration. Our president thought it would be a good idea to buy a house a million miles away (or, you know, 30) and now is resigning. In the next couple of weeks, I will be TAP Presidente. Displeased. Anxious. Didn't appreciate the time-sucking responsibilities I did have... and now. Good lordy, praying for May.
- While I know it is quite irrational, as the maternity pants are necessary and I have seen the ultrasound and heard the heartbeat and let's not forget the never ending morning-noon-and-night sickness.... But I am not sure that I am pregnant. I know! Craziness! Ahhh! I get it. I really do. Rationally, I think it is pretty likely. (Ok, really likely.) I wonder what is causing this strange doubt.
- I think what might cure it is feeling the baby move. I keep thinking....???Maybe? Was that the illusive baby? No...Probably not. And I can't remember when I felt either of the boys move. Do you remember? When did you feel your babies move first? I am 15 weeks and I feel like it should have happened already for a third-time mom.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Pretending...
...that it is Friday. Let's do a list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I busted out the maternity jeans this week at 10 weeks because it was time. A little depressing, but I'm so comfortable now I don't care.
Wait, is it possible to hear a heartbeat and not actually be pregnant? Or are you just saying that the whole thing doesn't feel real to you yet?
Jess, she's just saying it doesn't feel real yet.
Misty - I bet you'll feel that baby soon!
Jess, it is completely irrational. My doubts are not medically based, or even sanity based. I *saw* the baby on the ultrasound with fingers and everything. Unless the doctor is a crackpot, like in Glee (!!!) where someone was playing a video of an ultrasound while *pretending* it was mine...There's a teeny person in there. Or! (Dramatic pause) It could be a huge conspiracy. Although to what end, I couldn't really even guess.
See? Completely irrational. Totally crazy. Don't know what to make of it...
I actually don't think it's that irrational. I mean, obviously it's not exactly RATIONAL in the literal sense because you've seen and heard the baby and everything. But I could totally imagine myself feeling the same way. It's hard sometimes when things feel totally external and "other" to connect to them and wrap your mind about them really being true. I'm sure you'll have a moment at some point down the line when it all comes together for you.
My third pregnancy? THat second stripe showed up and out came the maternity pants.
There was always - ALWAYS - this point in the pregnancy where I felt like the SEXIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD. It passed quickly.
with D2 I felt movement at 19 weeks. I felt the same way, i NEEDED to feel him move, we all feel that way. totally normal. Love the new look and the profile pic!
Post a Comment