Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tired

Oh, ya'll.

I am so fricking fracking t-i-r-e-d. Yes yes, I know. Everyone's tired. But listen. I'm really tired.
Here. I'll show you.

8:30 PM - Finish reading story and singing Mermaid Song to the Bity Bean.

9:00 PM - Finish reading chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to Brother. (Whee! Last book! I have read them all out loud. Those are long-ass books. Give me a prize.)

9:00 PM - I get to sit down and read a book from the pile (PILE!) my friend lent me. Oh, yay.

10:00 PM - I decide that, while painful, I need to put the yummy book down and sleep.

11:17 PM - Not asleep.

12:45 AM - Still. Not. Asleep. Ahhh! What is wrong with meeeee?

12:51 AM - Wish for Benedryl. Think that if I took Benedryl, I would not wake in the morning and Brother would miss the bus so, probably not a good idea.

1:00 AM - Jelly Bean wakes up, fussing. I go see what's up with him. He is doing this low grade whimpering thing and is not answering me. I flip on the light and he tells me to leave him the hell alone, he is sleeping. (I may be paraphrasing.)

1:20 AM - Jelly Bean climbs into bed with me.

1:20 and 30 seconds AM - Jelly Bean coughs. And coughs. And coughs some more. I go to get him a cough drop and rub Vicks on his chest. We all have a cold that only seems to make problems in the middle of the night. Why, virus? Why?

1:22 AM - Jelly fusses at me to lay down and sleep and I give him mini-lecture on how I can't sleep until the cough drop is gone or he will surely choke and die. But not in so many words.

1:45 AM - I get involuntary mammogram from small boy. Ouch.

2:00 AM - I get tired of being kicked *just* as I drift off and take Jelly Bean back to bed.

2:30 AM - Jelly comes back. *Sigh*

3:00 AM - I get him propped on pillows on the other side of the king size bed. Kicking and coughing cease until...

5:45 AM - I get kicked in the nose. I scoop up a rag-doll Bean and tote him to his bed and beg him to please please just sleep. I crawl back in bed.

7:05 AM - SHIT! Brother has to be on bus in minutes. Of course, I go to wake him and am informed he needs a shower. Hustle him into shower, into uniform, and out the door.

7:20 AM - Take shower. Feel ok. Wonder why....

8:00 AM - Finish grooming. Look decent. Go wake Jelly, who usually gets up at 7:00 AM. Dress him and head to work.

See? Tired. You would be, too.

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Helen has been up several times the past two nights. Whyyyyy???? WHYYYY???

LoriD said...

Oy - Brother sure has to catch the bus early! Hope tonight is better!

Sarah said...

Involuntary mammogram. Heh! Who hasn't had a few of those?

Chantal said...

that is nasty!