I have been tired a lot and missing my kids a lot. Working at night and on the weekends a lot. Honey is tired, too. Did I mention he got a new job? Well, he did. And the new job is in a new town that takes a 1.5 hour commute both ways. Sometimes he can skim a few minutes off here and there, but it is a whole lotta time listening to NPR, baby. And because they have a bit of flex in their schedule at his new job, he can get to work as early as 6 AM and leave as early as 2:30 PM. Now, while he hasn't been crazy enough to leave the house at 4:30 to get there at 6, he has been leaving at around 5:30 AM. Poor thing. That's rough.
And, of course, that means our sleeping schedules are out of whack. I guess I could start getting up super early with him so I would be tired by 9 PM...or not. Maybe I will just stay up later and read Harry Potter while he snores next to me. It's still bonding time, right?
3 comments:
Congrats on the new job! I'm the one who goes to sleep at nine around here. Poor Scott.
Torsten gets up at 6:30 for work and that has already thrown our whole schedule out of whack. I can't even imagine the pain of 5:30. Ugh.
Long commutes aren't fun and of course different work hours aren't either. Sometimes four days will go by and I will only see my kids in the morning before school. I miss them too. I miss Hus too.
Post a Comment