Friday, April 10, 2009

Slavery

My eyes are bigger than my yard. Look what I purchased and put in (I will add a little disclaimer here that I got EVERYTHING listed for about 100 bucks.):
  • 1 Fruit Cocktail Tree
  • A Butterfly Bush Collection of 4 bushes, red, blue, white, and yellow.
  • I bought 10 new plants to fix the holes in the hedge we planted last year.
  • Fairy Pink Cushion Rose bush
  • Red Robin Hood Rose bush
  • 24 Creeping Phlox plants for ground cover in my rose bed.
  • A new hedge on the other side of the house and around the porch consisting of 6 Mock Oranges, 2 Old Fashioned Lilacs, and 4 Pink Weigelas
  • 24 strawberry plants in a patch
  • 4 of Granny's blueberry bushes
Plus, I put in corn, tomatoes, peppers, squash, basil, parsley, cilantro, sunflowers, zinnias, morning glories and OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING....

I have enslaved myself to the watering hose and stinky fish water.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

YAY! It's gonna be great!!

Chantal said...

wow that IS a lot. I love to garden too.

Nowheymama said...

I already have too many seedlings for our yard. But did that stop me from buying four berry bushes? No, it did not.

theflyingmum said...

Can I move in? My tomatoes have yet to even germinate! But! Peppers are up, but only the hot ones.