Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pissy

So, anyway. I am pissed at the daycare yet again because they are switching his teacher yet again and they have 20 million kids on roll and they just generally suck. I also hate how they never tell me stuff, I just show up one day and the teacher is gone. *Poof* and I am all "When's Teacher Lady coming in?" And they are all, "Oh, she is in another class now. Here have this 19-year-old college student who is still hung over from last night's escapades to potty train your kid." And I am all, "Grrrr."

Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating. I just get disappointed so often with them. But Jelly really loves it there. He doesn't want to go home in the evenings because he wants to play and I think he has such a great time. So, maybe my Type A self needs to chill a bit. It just makes me sad how they are constantly transitioning and how he never has a teacher for more than a month at a time it seems.

Still, am getting referrals to other places. Just to see, you know? But I have a feeling, in this backwards Southern state, it is just going to be crappy.

6 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I'd be pissy, too.

But this:
"Here have this 19-year-old college student who is still hung over from last night's escapades to potty train your kid."
is freaking hilarious.

LoriD said...

I'd be pissed too. Kids like stability and routine and switching it up that often is just confusing.

We're in a small daycare (45 kids) which I used to oversee in my old job. Of the 9 teachers, 1 cook and 1 supervisor on staff, only one is new since I left 8 years ago. Maggie is comfortable with each and every one of them, because they are awesome. I could get you in, if you want to move here (it's -15 today). :-)

Chantal said...

Childcare has to be the single most stressful part of being a working mom. It drives me nuts. I am in a similar situation as Lori. M's day care has very little turn over. Keep looking, I am sure something better will turn up.

theflyingmum said...

And it's the same when they move on to school - one of the reasons why we pulled Ben out of the Montessori. They fired the elementary teacher last year and never replaced her, so it was the two already spread-way-too-thin preschool teachers trying to pull it off with a revolving door of "parent volunteers with previous Montessori experience." When Ben himself started asking to go back to the public school this fall, I should have taken it as the biggest sign ever! He is back there now and doing sooooooo much better. Sometimes private is worse than public.
I'd take the fact that jelly is happy there as a good sign.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but I'm one of those young childcare workers-- and even when I was 19, I wasn't out drinking the night before my shift. I take my shit seriously-- I love this field, I love your kid, I love teaching them new things and taking care of them for you when you can't. So don't knock the young caregivers-- we need experience in order to succeed in this field, so give us a break. Apparently your 19 year old caregiver passed the background check necessary to work with your kid-- and I'm sure they aren't completely unsupervised.

I understand you're concerned for your kids' safety, but don't assume that all young caregivers are irresponsible and useless, because we aren't.

Misty said...

Look! My first troll!