Last Friday we got a load of 7 yards of dirt delivered to Our House. Our backyard is really low and the clay soil holds a LOT of water. We have been wanting some dirt for some time and I found a guy who was willing to deliver it on the cheap. So, I called him up on Friday.
M: I would like to get an estimate on a load of dirt and delivery please.
Guy: I got dirt cheap dirt!
M: What is the delivery charge?
Guy: FREE with the purchase of dirt!
M: I'll take it! When can we set up delivery?
Guy: I'll see you in 30 minutes!
Well then.
I was really impressed with the service though. When he did deliver the dirt, he looked at my backyard and said, "Call me when you need another load." Heh. I guess he knew that one just wasn't going to cut it. So, in about one weekend, we almost knocked it out, spreading the dirt into the swampy soupy low places. It felt good to exercise and I am not really sore. But let me tell you, there has been much hollering at children for muddy footprints and muddy clothes and oh-my-god-what-do-you-MEAN-you-didn't-know-they-were-school-shoes???
The kids are partially the reason that we got it done so fast because, oh my horseshit, I cannot live with a giant mound of dirt for the boys to play in. The floors are dirty; there is a constant supply of mucked up clothing and much stripping in the kitchen because you are NOT walking through my house like that. And I am the most half-hearted housekeeper you'd ever want to meet. It reminds me of this when we first moved in and it felt like we lived in a giant dust bowl. Also, it feels like we are taking steps backwards into a construction zone in order to move forward to a yard I can walk all the way across without hip boots. Note to self: buy grass seed when getting bunny chow. SOON.
4 comments:
We need some dirt to fill in some holes in the backyard. I hope we can find a nice dirt guy like yours.
Wow - impressive dirt guy. Our "dirt" is red clay so I can imagine the mess...
We had a ton of dirt delivered to our place two years ago. Our shared front yard (with our neighbour) had sunk and was so compacted that it needed some new ground and grass. Well the grass grew, and then it died, then we planted more and it died. Last spring we planted more, and it died... I think this year we will splurge on turf. I just can't keep wasting my time with grass seed. it is killing me!
Now that is customer service :) Impressed with the dirt guy- although I feel your pain on the dirt in the house. I hate cleaning too and that would drive me batty! Grass seed pronto!
Post a Comment