Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuffage

  • Valentine's + Kids = whipping my butt. Both kids need valentines for their classmates AND cupcakes for the class. Additionally, the two-year-old needs two bags of Valentine's candy AND a decorated "mail box" for his Valentines to be delivered into. Is anyone else thinking this might be a bit much for someone who can't even SAY "Happy Valentine's Day?" This, right here, is reinforcing my ideas that two kids is a peachy number for our family. Because, GAH. If you had to do this for more than two, there goes your entire paycheck on foil cards and sprinkles.
  • My little sister is graduating from high school this year. Must buy plane tickets/car rental/other expensive things. See also: will anyone let me sleep on their couch rather than get a hotel room? Hmm.
  • This year is my 10 year high school reunion. Am old. Bleh.
  • We did our taxes and the results were...decent. Now we have to decide if we want to do home projects with the money or just put it all on credit cards. And while I know we should just put it on credit cards, doing home stuff is so much more fun. Like buying dirt and plants and landscaping stuff? Way more fun than just paying bills.
  • I am working on a Resource Directory for the state for work. I hate Resource Directories.
  • I! Am Going! On! A DIET! Because, folks, it is getting a little out of hand. I just don't know what to do though. I keep falling off the proverbial wagon. I was thinking I needed to start with smaller goals? Like make sure I get in exercise everyday, no matter what it is or how short of a time I do it (Like, maybe even 5 minutes would count, just so long as I was mindful enough to do it everyday?) And set a lower bar for weight loss, like maybe just 15 lbs instead of the whopping 50 I need to lose.
  • I need to clean out stuff and get rid of stuff. Stuff. Stuff. Stuff. I know I just did this with boxes upon boxes of junk going to charity...but then Christmas came and now it seems it is all piling on top of me again. Must. De. Clutter.

5 comments:

d e v a n said...

You can do it! Maybe try not focusing on the weight at all at first and just have a goal on how much activity you want to do every day.

LoriD said...

My kids did their Valentines on the weekend (store-bought). Lisa did her own, Maggie just had to print her name (she traced half and printed the other half), and Bart... he struggled to do his 20 cards. He would do 2, take a break. Do another 2, take a break. It was agonizing!

theflyingmum said...

Oh! The stuff. THE STUFF! Why I bring more stuff into my house when I have so. much. stuff. Idunno. But hey, the diet thing - go out and buy this months issue of Body+Soul magazine. A reader wrote in about committing to just ONE minute of sit-ups a day. On a bad day she'd console herself with "it's just ONE minute." On good days it was 10, or even 15 minutes of crunches. A goal I could see keeping. Starting small is a good idea, I say.

Nowheymama said...

WORD on the Valentines. And the stuff.

Emblita said...

Gosh... suddenly thankful we don't really do Valentines here. Except my hubby did tell me that he'd gotten me a "little something" for Valentines day... and we don't celebrate it... and we're expecting guests on that day too. Hmm still, a present from hubby should never be sneezed at.