- Wednesday, I went into a store to try to find some untreated wicker crap for my rabbits to destroy...you know, for fun? And there was this guy with this huge spreading BRUISE right in the middle of his forehead. I thought, "Dude! WTF happened to you!?!" Then I was continuing my search into the home decor section and there was another lady with this huge spreading BRUISE on her forehead and I was all, "AHHH! Domestic Violence...where's the hotline card???" Then I stopped in the middle of the aisle and LAUGHED. Like really hard and loud. Because it was Ash Wednesday, and I am very dumb. Oh, those crazy Southern Catholics... :)
- I was driving to get Brother and I passed this bright purple metallic car with the fancy spinning rims and big white Gothic looking letters spelling OBAMA across the hood. And I thought it was totally awesome.
- Jelly Bean peed in the potty for the very first time yesterday at the daycare. So, um. Yay! Jelly Bean used the potty! Good job, Jell.
- I was going to take the kids to spend the night at my folks' house tonight...but I am worried about the bunnies. Because they like their breakfast pretty early and I don't want them to go hungry. Breakfast time is the only time they are positively thrilled to see me. (My rabbits channel 'cat'.)
- There are Mardi Gras beads all over my living room floor, creating a death trap. Literally, last night, I was hustling through and slipped on beads, took flight, and the next thing I knew, Jelly was bending down over me saying, "Ok, Mommy? What happen?"
- The dishes need done, too. Sigh.
- Last night, I was a bit out of patience with the universe and so I told Brother to take Jelly Bean into the yard and play with him, for my sanity. "Yes, Mom," he tells me with wide eyes. Anyway, he took the baby and all the little neighborhood kids played like Jelly Bean was the 'king' and they were all the 'knights' who had to protect him and keep him safe. Which is adorable...and fitting.
- In case Child Protection is listening, they were all outside my open kitchen door where I was close by baking medicinal chocolate chip cookies. (Medicinal for my mental well being...which is why my waistline is what it is.) When I bake cookies, I usually give the first batch to the "barbarians," which is my term of affection for Brother's neighborhood posse.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Observations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're still awaiting the first pee in the potty. Maybe by the time preschool starts in the fall....
The King game sounds oh so cute!
Oh what joy there was when Ben was potty trained! But he still wore a pull-up to bed every night until just a few months ago. I told him 7 was just WAaaaaay too old to be wearing a pull-up. We had a few wet nights (like every night for a while urrrrrgh!) But he's getting up at night to go now! Yay!
Post a Comment