- I secretly love the word verification things for commenting on blogs. I don't have one myself, but everytime I have to fill one out, I evaluate it for a good blog title. You know, like Swistle or Finslippy. Some thing Nuo Vo Web 2.0. Mingsu? Maybe. Nonust? Looks like 'No Nuts'...which is categorically true, alas, still a 'No'. Pann. Has potential.
- I have found out recently that I kinda suck. Here, let me explain myself. It is like all these opinions I held of myself when I was a younger person are all not true. I am not fantastic at everything! Go figure! And really, I am thinking that this is not because I am suffering from some horrible lapse in self esteem - I think it is because age is causing reality to set in. My father always told me that as he got older, his father got "smarter" and he (my father) got "stupider."
- My dad. The Dalai Lama. So true, though. Right? As we age, we do gain wisdom and that wisdom leads us to understand how little we knew in the first place. Whew! Who knew? Old folks, I guess.
- I am particularly enjoying my Sugar-Free Vanilla Carmel Coffee Creamer. It is so much better and less "fake tasting," as Devan once said, than the plain vanilla kind.
- That being said, I do not actually usually drink one whole cup of coffee during the day. I usually fill the cup 3/4s of the way and always end up with about 1/4 of the original 3/4 left in the cup at the end of the day. I rewarm my coffee an average of 2-3 times everyday. And I don't drink coffee on the weekends.
- This is because the coffee Honey makes tastes like burnt acrid shit water.
- No offense, Honey.
- I think it is the coffee pot, or the coffee, but never ever the husband. Amen. (I am joking...but just a little bit.)
- I hate board games. They drive me crazy. I think this is because I am so Type-A-Perfectionist that I refuse to do anything I am not good at (I know. Real mature, right?) And I am not good at board games. I can't play cards, either. Not even "Go Fish."
- I have a hard time picking a favorite color. When I was a kid, I used to love yellow for its sun-shiny brightness. But now? I like teal-aqua colors, mostly because they make my eyes look pretty when I wear them. But I also really love warm reds and oranges. One color I am not wild about is blue. Everyone loves blue. I rebel against the constraints of society. Rahr.
- Gah, tired. Did I mention I was tired? I am dreading tomorrow with its tangle of studying for Friday tests and school functions and the necessity of baking 4 dozen cupcakes for the dreaded Valentine's Fiasco. Dreading tomorrow so much it is making me tired. Today.
- When I was a kid, I used to love it when the grass would grow so long and tall in the yard that it would kind of bend over and I could hide my feet in it. I used to be puzzled when my mother would say, "Go outside in the yard! Your dad mowed the lawn for you!" because I didn't like it with its short green buzz cut that stained the soles of my feet. I liked it long and full of sweet clovers to feed the neighbor's bunnies.
- I have promised myself that if I drop the desired amount of weight before my little sister's graduation, I am going to this shop downtown that always has the most adorable dresses in its windows and I am going to buy one for myself and get some awesome high heel shoes and look freaking fantabulous. Yes, I am. So, when I drive past there everyday, it is a motivation for me.
- I have never spent more than $50.00 for a dress or any kind of clothing in my life. Even my wedding dress was around $40.00.
- Another motivation is that I think I will look better in my dance classes if some of the poundage said, "Adios! I don't like you, I think you're gross!" (Name that tune.)
- Speaking of fun belly dancing stuff, I found out the name of this funky gypsy awesome music we listen to. It is from a techno-fusion group called Balkan Beat Box. Go listen to Digital Monkey. So fun. So so so fun. Those horns just move something inside of me. Plus, they were on NPR, which makes them totally awesome, right?
- Not sure if #15 makes me completely cool or a total freaking nerd. Let me know, eh?
- I was thinking of going on hiatus from dance lessons to take voice lessons. I have always wanted to... but am kinda afraid that I totally suck and therefore would never sing again...not even in the car. (Note: See #8)
- I want to be a groovy Buddhist. But I feel that I am too easily stressed.
- I think I might have an accent. Wish I didn't. But, there it is.
- I think we are having chicken and salad for dinner. With some sort of easy carb-type thing for the non-dieters.
- I am actually not in that big of a rush to potty-train Jelly Bean, even though it would mean not buying diapers and a significant savings in daycare costs.
- When I started this, I was drinking my morning coffee (See #4-8). Now, I am heating up leftovers.
- Leftovers kind of suck, right? But I find that when I am on this particular diet, I don't want to eat ANYTHING. Like, nothing I am allowed to eat really sounds good.
- I don't know my zodiac sign. My birthday falls on a day where, depending on who you ask, I am either a Virgo or a Libra. Not that I really buy into all that stuff, it is just kind of fun sometimes. And I like fun. :)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
25
It is rainy and grey and windy. There is nothing to read in my reader...because I have read them all already. So, perhaps, although I am tired and lazy and tired and wish I were in bed and tired, I will try to be amusing in my own right. Here is the "25 random things about me" bullshit that has been terrorizing the facebook community - A La Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't know what the deal is with my reader not updating!!
We had the coffee problem for the longest and solved it by making the coffee with bottled water, and getting a pot with a thermal carafe as opposed to one with a heating unit on the bottom. It made a HUGE difference.
You should take voice lessons. I did for 10 or so years. I miss it a lot.
This is great! I still don't want to do it, though.
That was a great list! Can't wait to see your dress. :)
I have read A LOT of these 25 lists and this one is the best!
I love #19. Your so sweet. I would love to be an easy going Buddhist too. I drive by a Buddhist temple on the way home from work every day and wonder what it is like inside.
First of all, LoriD is right: I've read a bunch of these and the only reason I'm not calling this one The Best is that there was another one in which the writer revealed information about an abortion, a reversed vasectomy, a secret inclination, a secret ex-addiction, etc., and no one can beat that shit.
Post a Comment