It's A List. And since I never ever do lists....*ahem* Ah, nevermind. I am a listing Queen. But still, looks fun. And I like fun. So, here goes.
FINISH THE SENTENCE
Maybe I should order some new plants for my yard. Or generally get motivated to do some yard work. Summer in the South + yard work = no motivation on my part. *Sigh*
I love the smell of freshly mown grass on a breezy summer day. Reminds me of my childhood in Ohio, where the grass is so so soft. And running through the newly shorn lawn and piling clippings on top of my bare feet. Now, when I see a freshly mown lawn, I want to go rake up and steal the clippings for my compost pile. Weird, yes?
People would say that I am aloof. Hard to get to know. Depends on who you ask, really.
I don’t understand why people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Or why people don't take criticism and evaluate it for truth rather than attacking it first. I don't understand why people are afraid to talk about things.
I lost my patience. Yesterday. A lot.
Life is scarily short and requires more money than you could have dreamed when you were in high school.
My past involves a 180 from who I was to who I am.
My idea of a good time is a good book, a hot drink, and no interruptions.
I wish I was smarter, more energetic, more kind. I wish I had more sweetness next to my bones and less rough edges.
Twins are my secret desire. *POOF* Four kids and no talking Honey around!
Dust bunnies are currently breeding in the nooks and crannies of my home.
Tomorrow I’m going to see my husband. Yes, this is exciting.
I have low tolerance for disobedient offspring. Mine, of course. I can't stand to have to repeat commands/requests.
I’m totally terrified of heights. Really. So so scared.
I wonder why people see the theory of evolution as a threat rather than a beautiful fantastic and wonderful thing.
Never in my life have I kissed a girl. So I wish the damn song on the radio would shut up about it already. Gah.
High school was self-inflicted loneliness. But the classes were fun. I felt smart. I love feeling smart.
When I’m nervous I bite my nails.
One time at a family gathering it took us like 2 hours to wash all the dishes at the church afterward. Yuck.
Take my advice: student loan debt is a pretty bad idea. Avoid as much of it as humanly possible. Also, plan financially for your future.
Taking a good picture is capturing exactly what your eyes see at that very moment.
I’m almost always ready for a nap.
I’m addicted to YA Lit
I want someone to clean my house. Desperately. Just not me. K?
10 comments:
Twins are my biggest nightmare. Seriously. If I have them, I'm giving them to you.
love it!
This may sound silly but, what is YA lit? Oh and I totally fantasize about raking up other peoples grass clippings for my composter LOL
Both times I was preggers I secretly fantasized about having twins. Except by law our midwives would have had to refer me to an OB, so the fantasy always broke down, eventually.
On Evolution: I have to keep reminding myself that faith, by definition, means believing in something that is not believable. I prefer to believe in the believable things, myself. And evolution is waaaay cool. My biggest pet peeve is people who say stuff like "there's a reason it's called a THEORY you know..."
Okay...now you've got me started! LOOKOUT!
Chantal - YA Lit = Young Adult Literature. I can't help it. Some of my most favorite books are things like the Pellinor Series by Alison Croggon, or the Tortallan books by Tamora Pierce. Or Harry Potter. Love things like that. Not *exactly* what you would call grown-up, literary choices.
Kat - Theory? *Ahem* Just like gravity, right? Before people say stuff like that, I think they sound be bound to look up the definition of "scientific theory". I really don't think people who say that actually know what one is.
Fun! Could someone come clean my house, too?
So, are you into the Twilight series these days?
And twins? I used to think that having twins would be cool. THEN, I went through a 2-week period when I was *surprise* pregnant with Maggie when I thought it was twins and then - NOT SO COOL!
Hey Misty, I dropped you an award, come on by and pick it up!
Great List!!!! Love the thoughts!
I like your list. I saw this meme somewhere else, I think I should try it too, but right now I am ready for a nap!
Post a Comment