Thursday, August 14, 2008

Self

I am really enjoying my dance class on Wednesdays and am thinking of taking the next class in the series. I am not incredibly good, but it is a lot of fun. I just need more practice to get comfortable with the movement. It is hard work and a great workout; my legs feel like the jelly even the next day (not entirely comfortable, I assure you, but I assume this means I am working hard.) But I worry because I am taking a class at the university this fall and won't get home until 8 at night on the night of the class. Plus a dance class during the week? Yeeps. I wonder if that is too much on Honey. He said it is fine with him...but I worry. The dance class is only for an hour...probably an hour and a half with the drive. So I would be able to help Brother with homework and stuff. And I could try to cook more on the weekends to have meals for those nights... I just worry that I am being unbelievably selfish with our time and our money.

What do you think?

-M

8 comments:

d e v a n said...

I think you should do it. It's not selfish to do something for yourself.

Emblita said...

I sometimes feel like that... with my two yoga-classes a week. But I'm so much happier when I do them, so I figure they get a more energetic mom for those 2,5 hours a week that I'm gone.
So yes, you should go!

Dana Clover said...

you gotta do something for yourself every now and then.... Happier you = better for them too!

Jenny H. said...

I agree! You will be a better Mama having made a little time for yourself. Don't fret.

Chantal said...

My first impulse was to say "Hey, you deserve it, don't feel bad" and you do deserve it. But I know that when I go out jogging or to Yoga class I am always checking with Kevin to make sure it is okay with him and worrying I am inconveniencing him or the kids. But really, I think you should go for it. You obviously enjoy it and it is only one evening a week.

Nowheymama said...

Go for it!

And make pesto with your waist-high basil.

Anonymous said...

just one night a week? I totally say do it. And jelly legs - I LOVE that feeling!

Heidi said...

Go for it! If I didn't work so many evenings, I would take the adult tap class offered at my daughters dance school.