- Honey and I had our New Orleans weekend last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was really lovely. We stayed in this quaint boutique hotel practically on Jackson Square. We ate delicious food and drank far more than usual. (Me = 2 glasses of wine and a cocktail. Honey = 2 cocktails, 800 different beers.)
- We didn't do everything we had planned on doing, because I had brought cute-yet-lousy walking shoes and whined much of the time about aching muscles. (Stupid, I know.) But even with that, we had a good time. We went to a cooking demonstration and on a segway tour (which turned out to be loads of fun and NOT a death trap. Who knew?) and to see some Mardi Gras floats in the making. Fun on a bun, I tell you what.
- Due to the lovely time and the wine and chocolate and copious amounts of jambalaya, I gained FOUR FREAKING POUNDS. In O.N.E. weekend. Shit Shit SHIT.
- Know when my diet comes crashing down around my ears? Dinner time. I can do well all day and not feel deprived at all. But when I get home and make dinner for the family with all of those delicious carbs? I cave. Evenings are so hard for me.
- Enough diet talk. I am sick of the diet talk. I have hereby suspended Fitness Fridays because they are so. freaking. boring. I am practically snoozing just thinking about writing them. Maybe if I was making tons of progress...but it is taking soooo long. I am figuring out that carbs are just the enemy. Even if I cut my calories way down, I am not making any progress if I still consume carbs (in the form of bread, cereal, rice, or anything delicious like that) every day. Dammit. Anyway. Didn't I just suspend the diet talk? Ok. Follow my own rules, whydon'tI?
- Brother is doing well in school. We even did homework last night with minimal fussing! It was awesome. AND he is doing his classwork! In class! Doesn't sound like much, but I am thrilled to bits.
- Jelly Bean has a cold. I am worried about him at the daycare with his runny self. He doesn't have a fever, but I just wish I could keep him home until he feels better (which will probably be in about 2 weeks...so, not so feasible). I have a huge meeting out of town tomorrow. Preparing for this is why the kid is in daycare. Sucks, right?
- Coffee makes me crazy. I had a cup this morning and I feel...crazy. Like jittery and nervous and crazy. Crazy. Yeah. But it is delicious. Yes? Crazy and delicious. And nonsensical, apparently.
- Ok, enough of this.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Fritz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hehe. That made me giggle.
Ok - so we both gained four lbs. BUt it can come back off, right? I know you suspended diet talk, but are we talking ALL carbs. Even whole grains?! We eat brown rice a lot and the really crunchy kind of whole wheat bread. I can't imagine those being bad for you.
Annnnnyway. Glad you had fun on your trip!
I have stopped weighing myself. I swear the scale is just stuck... Glad you had a nice weekend. I have never been there and would love to go!
Devan: Yeah, we only ever ate whole grain stuff when I was growing up so I think white bread tastes a lot like glue. Just flour and water...GROSS.
It could be all psychosomatic, but I feel like when I eat grains they are not satisfying and make me even more hungry for more grains. Like my system craves them if it is not "detoxed" of them. I feel 'ok' if it eat them for dinner, but if I have a piece of toast for breakfast, the whole rest of the day is a constant battle appetite-wise.
I don't know if there is anything scientifically accurate about the whole thing. It is just how I FEEL. I could be crazy.
Yay for the nice weekend! And WINE!!!
Post a Comment