Monday, June 16, 2008

Minutiae & Trifles

  • Father's Day was good, I think. We went to my folks house to cook out and the kids played in the water in the backyard. Honey got one of these, because he is a special guy. Plus some wine and other minutiae. I think he was pleased with his gifts. He ended up not feeling well for a lot of the day and napped a good bit.
  • I got my dad a watch battery and a bag of chocolate kisses, which is what he asked for.
  • Over the weekend, there was much discussion around swingsets. I wanted one with a playhouse in it, because that is what Brother wanted. But Honey just got a bunch of materials to build Brother a playhouse, so we are going to get a less expensive swing set without the playhouse, but with a tire swing, which Brother also wanted.
  • Grass is patchily growing in the yard.
  • My tomatoes are producing, but I feel like I need fertilizer. I hear fish emulsion is best, but I need to track down where to buy it in my area.
  • I am going to a Franklin Covey training in the next few weeks. I am unsure about how I feel about this. But I am glad of the opportunity. Know anything about this stuff?
  • I have to make a listing of major projects we have going/coming up for a staff meeting. Everything always feels so scattered.
  • Do you ever feel like the image of yourself in the mirror does not match up with the image in your head? And that the image in a photograph does not even match up the to image in the mirror, let alone the image in your head? I feel like I have some sort of dysmorphia or something.
  • To this end, I think I need to go on a diet. I signed up for a dance class started at the tail end of July and can't imagine my galumphing body moving like I would want it to. Any suggestions? Something that won't make me count stuff or feel deprived. (Ha!)
  • Due to lack of funding in my childhood, I never got to take a dance class, even though I always wanted to. So I am terrified and excited all at the same time. Mostly terrified though.
  • I rented a cabin here for our end of the summer vacation.
  • Honey and I are going to spend a weekend here for our anniversary in a couple of months.
  • So many good things going on!

7 comments:

LoriD said...

I never took a dance class either. We were allowed to pick one "sport" activity per season and I was always more into soccer, basketball and baseball than dance.

When I first started here, everyone had a "Franklin". I never went to the training, because I had gone to Daytimer training at a previous job and felt organized enough. The Franklin phase ended and was replaced with Palm Pilots, and now Blackberry's. I use my computer calendar and a hard-cover notebook. I'm low-maintenance that way!

Chantal said...

Those vacation spots look great. My hubby and I dream about going to New Orleans some day.

Saly said...

"Due to lack of funding in my childhood, I never got to take a dance class, even though I always wanted to."

ME TOO!!! If it wasn't free thru school, I didn't do it.

Maybe I'm a minimalist, but i never use my Franklin Covey. I don't even order the inserts when the time comes. I use my outlook calendar pretty exclusively.

d e v a n said...

OMG - I barely recognize myself in pictures!! I feel like I look decent in the mirror, though not as good as in my head, and in pictures I look like a total stranger, and an unattractive one at that!

Family Adventure said...

My mind's me is totally different from the mirror's me. Even when I suck in my tummy and stand up straight.

Hope you enjoy the dance class, can't wait to hear all about it :)

Heidi

Melissa said...

I never took dance classes... how fun!

Anonymous said...

that mirror thing.. I swear, I feel twenty two inside and I look in the mirror and see the Hag from that movie The Princess Bride looking back. Ugh.