Brother has been really sweet with Jelly Bean lately. Playing with him and picking him up. This morning, I caught the two of them snuggling under blankets and I didn't have the heart to fuss, even though I had told Brother to get up already. Jelly will stop and love on Brother, even though he next to never gives Honey and I that privilege. (And man, oh man, don't I wish that kid was more lovey and less get-up-seek-and-destroy.)
Brother defends Jelly when Brother's friends are over, amusingly quoting *me* as he says, "Be gentle. He is only 1 year old." And really now that Jelly is older, Brother is more helpful. I remember when I wouldn't let Brother pick Jelly Bean up and had to fuss at Brother to even sit by him saying, "Oh Bro, look at him and how he looks at you. He loves you so much. Pay a little bit of attention to him just for a minute."
But now, at least for today, things are different. I am sure in later years when Jelly wants to follow Brother and his friends, Brother will howl and scream and not want to take his brother, as most of my friends did when I was a kid about their younger siblings. This morning Honey was holding Jelly Bean and went to put him down, but Jelly lunged for Brother. While Brother held him, the Bean rested his head on Brother's shoulder. Sometimes just looking at these kids and their love for one another will break your heart; smash it to pieces with an explosion of joy.
I love no one like I love those boys.
4 comments:
Way too cute. I love it when Bud and Lucy reunite as I pick them up from school and they run and wrap their arms around eachother.
Precious moments of brotherly love. They mean the world to me, too. My boys have sleepovers in each other's rooms every weekend. Even though it means lots of giggling and no sleep (ie cranky boys the next morning), the pleasure they get out of being together makes it infinitely worth it to me.
Have a great weekend, Misty. Hope you have many more moments like the one this morning :)
Heidi
That almost made me cry. There is nothing sweeter than seeing the love siblings have for each other.
I love the moments when my kids get along. I cherish every hug and squeeze I can get, and I hope they never stop wanting to hug me. I mean except for during their teenage years!
Post a Comment