- Jelly Bean has learned to take off his diaper in the middle of the night. For the past two mornings, I have walked in on a naked baby and a bunch of wee soaked bedding. I guess I just need to put britches on the little monster.
- Speaking of monsters, Brother was unbearable yesterday. He is saying stuff to me and behaving in a way that I didn't expect until he was a sullen pimply teenager. Both of my kids have been so rebellious lately, I worry they will end up in prison.
- I grew beans in the garden, but really I guess I don't know beans about beans. I couldn't tell if they were green beans or if they were the kinds of beans that you had with beans and rice. So I ripped them all out and put them in the compost pile and in their place, I transplanted bell peppers. I know what to do with bell peppers.
- I made salsa this past weekend with tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, and nasturtium blossoms. It was really exceptionally good. I like cooking with flowers. It is novel.
- Speaking of cooking, I took Honey's grandpa some roast with onions and carrots and some chicken parmigiana with pasta this past Sunday. I worry about his eating since his wife is gone and he doesn't know how to cook...anything. Really. He called later to thank me for the "chicken patty and spaghetti." Doesn't sound nearly like something you would want to eat when you put it that way. Oy.
- I haven't been wearing makeup or fixing my hair lately. I just don't want to. Ok, the hair is a bit much, but I don't think I really lose anything by not wearing lipstick and mascara.
- Father's day is coming up and I am looking at a whole stack of unannounced bills. (Don't you hate unannounced bills? Like $50 you owe the dentist because no one told you that you had that procedure wasn't covered or the flood insurance that went up $40 for no damn good reason?) I don't know what the hell I am going to do.
- I have been all boo-hoo-weepy this week. Hormones suck.
- I wrote and old professor of mine about school librarianship because I miss my kids in the summer more than when they are at school. Because school is mandated by law, so I don't feel as "bad". But Brother wakes me up in the morning everyday asking if we can get to the daycare early because he is so eager to go. I guess it can't be that bad.
- Anyway, school librarianship. There are a lot of good opportunities right now and I think I could pass the test, but I am too scared to leave my cushy job. Sigh. I wonder if I will ever have courage for a career change. I guess that will happen when I really want it.
- I have reports to do. Lots of them. Adios!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
List
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
School librarian would be a great job! All the benefits of a teacher (like the holidays!) but no report cards, you only see the kids for an hour or so at a time... it's like being the aunt of the school!
I love the term "unannounced bills." That is PERFECT. I hate those too. Nothing like the stomach-drop of "Remember when you signed that thing saying you'd pay if your insurance didn't? GUESS WHAT!"
I love your lists.
*I think i would have preferred Bud taking off his diaper than never learning to be with out them. He is still saoking thru his pull up nightly.
*Bud has also had a horrible attitude lately. HORRIBLE.
*The salsa sounds DIVINE! And also the roast and chicken patty. Now I'm hungry!
*My kids love daycare too always asking "why do we only go Monday, Wednesday and Friday???". Way more stimulation than at home I suppose. They are both looking forward to "daddy days" being Mommy days this summer though.
Ha ha ha! My 4 year old son has just started acting like a little monster sometimes. I thought he would always be my sweet boy, unlike his sister who started rebelling at 2.
I hate those unannounced bills.
I have been thinking of applying to be a school nurse when the current nurse retires. But change is hard.
You have to post your salsa recipe. I have tried a few and I still haven't found the one for me. Maybe yours is it.
That salsa sounds yummy. My 3 year old has had an ATTITUDE lately, ugh. It's like he's already 16. *sigh*
I hate those bills too, they always come at the worst possible time of course.
Career change - you can do it!! That sounds awesome!
Librarian would fit you perfectly. You should do some more research into that. The courage will come if you start getting excited about the idea of it...so keep working on it.
Unexpected bills suck big time. We are having a whopper of a week. I could sit down and cry with you.
Heidi
I would love to see the salsa recipe as well. Found your blog from your comment on PW's site - very nice and I will be back to check it out some more!
Ben did that acting like a teenager thing too. It passed pretty quickly, but gave me angst about what life might be like ten years from now... ugh.
Post a Comment