Swistle is asking questions again, and she is right. This would make a good post. Thanks, Swist. I will take you up on that.
Brother was a bit of a shocker. I didn't even know I was late, but my mother was keeping track of my cycles unbeknownst to me because I had a bad boy boyfriend and she was terrified of me getting pregnant.
Heh.
So, she told me that I was late and I went to the store to buy a test. Over at Bad Boy's house I did the test and almost right away, the second line started forming. I felt like someone had slapped me and numb all at the same time. I didn't cry because I thought that would be a horrible thing to do, weep at the news that my first child was going to be born. I went and sat down on the couch and told Bad Boy. He said, "What if the test was wrong?" I said I didn't think so, but I had bought two, so I went and took the other one. Positive. I sat down on the sofa again and he said, "Do you think we should get married?" I looked at him like he was nuts and said, "NO" before either one of us could draw another breath. I guess that should have been my first clue.
In the end, I loved being pregnant with Brother and I was deeply madly truly in love with him and wanted him more than anything. So I am really glad things worked out the way they did.
With Jelly Bean, Honey and I had been trying. I had gotten off of the Patch in August, but we were using other methods of protection until November (we were timing things for FMLA - so Honey would be able to take off time from the new job when the baby would be born. Plus, my OB advised me to wait 3 months after I got off the Patch to make sure the hormones were out of my system.) We started actively trying in November. I had a period in November and was very very discouraged. Even though we had been actively trying NOT to get pregnant, I felt all depressed and infertile. When December rolled around, I thought we had missed our chance on the chart, so I was doubly depressed. Then a trip to Ohio came up and I was due to start during the trip. My cycles were really long, like 36-38 days but I didn't start on the trip like I thought I would. So, because I had had so few cycles off of the BC, I thought it was just erratic and I got all depressed again. I wanted my period because I knew we had missed our chance in December and I wanted to start over again. So, when we got home I told Honey that was I was going to take a test, even though I knew it would be negative. He said, "Hey, I want to come." And Brother said, "Hey, I want to come, too!" So we all piled into the tiny apartment's teeny bathroom to watch Mommy pee on a stick. I sat it on the counter and we all peered at it intently.
One line. Two lines. Jackpot!
There was much screaming and hugging and then we let Brother call my mom and dad and Honey's mom and dad. "Mommy peed on a stick and now there's a baby in her belly!" My mother-in-law started bawling in Sears and immediately went to the baby section to start buying clothes. Honey took a picture of a Spiderman action figure holding the pregnancy test with its two glorious lines.
10 comments:
Ah, those are very sweet stories, even if the first was a bit unexpected.
Ohhh, those are GREAT stories!
I love that the stories are so different. It's so sweet that Brother got to witness the beginnings of Jelly Bean (well, not the VERY beginning, which would have been a little disturbing, but you know what I mean!)
Isn't it funny how once you decide we ant a baby, even one period makes you like the poster child for infertility?
I love it that you all wnet in to the bathroom together. That is classic!
Beautiful story. :)
Heidi
I am glad Swistle came up with this idea! These stories are awesome.
Do you really live in Afghanistan? What are you doing there??
Those are fabulous stories! I love the fact that all three of you were in the bathroom together for Jelly beans test- so cute!
Hum. I actually have never ever been anywhere near Afghanistan. Nor do I want to be with the current political climate. Seems a bit like suicide.
Wonder where that came from? Another Misty in the blogosphere from Afghanistan?
Those are great stories! Such a sweet family moment with the second one!!
Post a Comment