Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Hero

There is a bit of drama going around the blogosphere about slacker husbands who do not do their full share of the housework/childcare. It has even come to tales and threats of *gasp* a work strike for the overwrought. My life experience is so completely different from that, I wonder if maybe, just maybe (ok, more like "likely") I am the slacker husband.

This is how I feel as I lay in bed at night when my husband gets up to go get a whining baby so that I can nurse said baby. (Slacker) This is how I feel when my husband trucks both boys out for ice cream so that I can sit at home, in my comfy recliner and read Harry Potter 7 (again) sheerly because I am grumpy and need two minutes without someone cleaving their flesh onto mine or requiring substance of some sort. (Big fat slacker) This is how I feel when my husband gets up first in the morning to go get a waking baby and then totes the little squirmy-wormy baby around while getting ready for work. Showering. Shaving. Finding clothes for both boys and himself. All while hauling around a teeny troublemaker while I lay my sleepy self in bed, catching a few more ZZZzzzz. (Slackalicious.)

Oh, love of my heart. I DO appreciate you and everything you do. I would never dream of taking you for granted! I know I am a lazy good-for-naught. Please forgive my slovenly ways; I shall try to do better.

Just please, PLEASE.

Don't go on strike!

5 comments:

doug said...

If I can have an Ipod we'll call it even ;)

jen said...

I don't even remember how I got you on my rss reader, but I agree! My husband does so much that I feel like despite my complaining, he does more than I do, and he works full time and I... can barely keep him in clean clothes. Poor guy.

Mad said...

I don't think I read the blogs most people do because whenever there is drama unfolding in the blogosphere, it is usually lost on me.

As for this post, I'm with you. My husband my be many things but a slacker he is not. A work-a-holic? Yes. Slacker? Never.

AndreAnna said...

This was so funny and true! Sometimes I feel guilty for having such a wonderful husband. But I never take him for granted, because if I do, he may stop bringing me ice cream in bed. ;)

d e v a n said...

lol - I just saw this. My husband is indeed a workaholic, but only at work. At home, he is a slacker. ;)