Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Trips Anywhere You Can Trip To!

This morning I sat down with all sorts of things to tell you! And then:
  • I got an email saying they cancelled one of my highest limit credit cards. 
  • Scooter knocked over a bookshelf
  • And then bit Jelly on the arm so hard it bruised.
  • All while I was on the phone with the credit card company to find out what the ever loving hell they were thinking. (I hadn't used it in over two years. Policy. Blah blah. Use your cards!)
So! I am going to try to get my good mood mojo back.

We scheduled our fancy vacaaaationnnnnn!!!! Praise be to all high deities who may or may not exist for granting me such a selfless mother. I shall heap thanks upon her and buy her a nice souvenir. We are flying to New York and going on a New England/Canadian cruise. I can't wait to see stuff! And relax. I find cruises very relaxing and I feel like we really need that almost-forced down time. This is why we decided against just a straight New York vacation. And hotel prices in the city. Jebus. So! Leaves! Statue of Liberty! Mountains! We almost always vacation at the sunny, warm beach. I am proud of us for branching out...temperature wise, at least.

We leave soon for our month in Ohio! So excited to catch fireflies and eat ice cream and feel the soft, soft grass. And cousins! The most lovely cousins you would ever wish to meet. They are completely happy and fun and pleasant all the time. Like angels who laugh a lot and tell naughty jokes on occasion. I would think that was too good to be true, except I have known them my whole life. They have aspirational temperaments.

So, because of these two things, we are practically hemorrhaging money. Heh. I know, this is the not-fun part. And I did save, really. But these are the things I want to spend my money on. I don't want to wait for retirement to travel. I want to give my kids experiences in the years they still live in my home. They don't need inheritances, they need memories! Right? Well, this is my philosophy. We will catch up. We always do. I am careful with grocery money and our housing is below what we could potentially afford. Then there is back to school and then the holidays. Meh...it will be ok. Positive thoughts! And cruises!

I am nervous about leaving my husband for three weeks. I really like him, you know. And my children are hellions quite a bit. And no breaks. But cousins, right? And fireflies? And Skype.


2 comments:

LoriD said...

OOOOOh! I'd love to hear more about the cruise, like where you will be visiting. I'm assuming eastern Canada, so I hope you get to see Quebec City, the Bay of Fundy, Halifax and maybe even Prince Edward Island? We're going all of those places this summer on a big family road trip and I'm so excited for the kids to see them for the first time.

Swistle said...

I love "They have aspirational temperaments."