Sunday, July 29, 2012

Two-ter Pie

 Scooter Pie is TWO!  He sang "Happy Day, Happy Day" all day yesterday, which was, of course, adorable. We have a pretty subdued celebration, mostly owing to the fact that I planned a ginormous party last year and less than 15 people showed of my guest list of over 60.  It wasn't worth the time, expense, or disappointment. So! This year it was just four of us. Brother is in Ohio with my parents. I can't say I wasn't disappointed in the trip timing - I am. My parents are the only family we have here. It hurts when they aren't present for important stuff. But it is my own fault I let Brother go. He wanted to...I don't know. Sometimes it is the choice between two sucky situations.

 Honey made an Elmo cake. Didn't it turn out great? I was really impressed.  Scooter loved it.  He got a bunch of beach toys for our upcoming trip, some big boy underpants for when potty training will commence, and a new wagon.  Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese for the evening and did a little shopping. Carters is having a mega sale here. I got a whole bag of stuff for Scooter and some other yet-to-be-born babies in my life. It was FUN but also made me realize that I am pretty happy with just the three boys. I can buy stuff for other babies without having to be up all night. Plus.

Today we are going to spend the afternoon at a park with some friends as kind of an extended birthday celebration. I will bake cupcakes to bring to the sitter tomorrow for Jelly and Scooter so they can share with their friends there. All in all, I think it was a good birthday.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

So cute! Happy 2nd to Scooter!~

Saly said...

2!! O M G!!!

Chantal said...

Happy Birthday Scooter! I can't beleive he is 2 already! WOW!