Updates
- The dog didn't work out. Surprise! We went to go visit with her and it went splendidly. A few days later, we brought her home and she was even better behaved than she was on the visit. Wonderful! I should have known better. I was very very concerned about the Baby having a pet allergy because he is so young and so much is unknown. And Brother used to have a cat sensitivity when he was younger, but if he washed his hands after petting, it was ok. Plus, Brother hadn't had a reaction of any sort for mortal years. Jelly pets neighborhood cats all the time, so I didn't think a dog would be a problem for him because people are more allergic to cats than dogs, right? Right? Wrong. When we were visiting with the dog, we didn't make her lick Jelly. We should have, but we didn't. (Hello, Hindsight! I heard you were 20/20.) And doggie kisses give Jelly hives. So, that is over. We were all a little heartbroken. Sometimes I feel like I miss the dog, even though she was only at our house for 24 hours. I have promised myself another dog when my kids are grown. And maybe the allergy will fade. Jelly is only 4.

- Our CSA is going splendidly. I really love it and will be sad when it is over. The picture above was taken by a friend who is also participating of last week's haul. They had some sort of magic string beans that were dark purple, but turned green when cooked. So fun. Where we live, you can grow cole crops in the wintertime. I hope they do a fall sign-up as well. It was pricey, but worth every single penny.
- Honey recently received his first paycheck from that 70's Institution. Holy goodness, I felt like the heavens had opened up and angels were singing praise to the glory of Financial Resources. I paid a big chunk of a credit card bill and nearly danced around my office in glee. We are so so grateful. We are so so grateful. We are so so grateful. We were lucky. It wasn't that hard. We know how to live on just a little. But we also know that so many folks are looking for work. Qualified, intelligent, hard working people. I have high hopes for this job. I hope it can provide the home Honey was looking for. The fulfillment he lacked while chasing dollar signs. I hope this job means no more contract work ever again, Amen.
- I am crafting a plan. I think it will work. Maybe. I am tired of living in a fat suit and as soon as New Baby is done nursing, I think I am going to go on a Akins-type no-carb diet for 30 days. Nothing but chicken and leafy green veggies. I won't even lie. It is not about health. It is not about being fit. It is about getting out of the fat suit. I know I can't do it long term, but you can do ANYTHING for a month, right? Then I think on the 31st day, I will join WeightWatchers again and eat my weekly point allowance in Snickerdoodles. I can live on WeightWatchers. You can eat treats and still lose weight. I LOVE that. But I feel like I need a jump start.
- Now, I just have to figure out timing. Brother and Jelly self weaned...and I know I will probably regret it if I don't let the Baby self wean. I am just impatient. I hope right around 12-13 months he decides he has had enough nursing and moves on. But New Baby had a reaction to blueberry yogurt. So, if he ends up having a dairy allergy, I will probably make the decision to nurse for longer. I wish it wasn't so darn complicated, but that's life.
5 comments:
I am so happy for you and DH about his job. It is nice to have good news on the job front! I am glad.
I miss being on a CSA. I might sign up for one soon.
I keep toying with the diet idea but D2 is still nursing quite vigorously. I was also hopping to let him self wean, but at 16 months and counting I may have to push the issue. I am giving him till he is 2 and then I think I will be done.
Oh and I am sorry about the dog.
I said it already on Twitter, but I'll say it again - I am really sorry about the dog. Boooo, but one less butt for you to clean up after.
Hooray for the job bringing happiness!
& you are definitely right - you can do anything for a month. A month is nothing in the big scheme of things. You can do it!!!!
I am SO sorry about the dog.
Ah, life. Ups and downs, ups and downs...
Post a Comment