Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend

The weekend is almost here and the sun is so shiny and beautiful and the breeze is so warm. I called Honey from the office to tell him to open up all our windows to let in the sunshine and air. Ahhhhh. I can't wait to go home. I am considering just leaving early.

I took off Valentine's Day in lieu of having President's Day (that's Monday. Don't go to the bank or post office!) off. So, no three day weekend for me, but boy do I wish I could have one. I am tired. And oh, I miss my kids. I feel like I never hold New Baby. But New Baby thinks he should nurse every time I hold him! (Honey says: Well, if you walked into a Baskin Robbins, wouldn't you want ice cream?) And I am fine fine with nursing a lot if he is hungry. But he is not. And therefore there is much biting and pulling and ouching and fussing as he latches on again and then gets mad that there is no room in his stomach. This morning, he was playing this game with me while I was trying to get a few more minutes of rest and he bit me so hard that I yelled so loud that Honey came running.

Man, that hurt. Good thing my kids get teeth late.

Still, I think that when I get home, I am going to go get a nice cotton quilt and lay it under a tree and bring a couple of toys to play with the Baby in the backyard. I miss him. I only see him a couple hours a day and it is trying because a) he is one of three little people demanding my attention and b) I am tired from working and c) sometimes I just want to sit and read and not have anyone ask me for anything. I have to work on c.

Know who is just a great big brother? Jelly Bean. When New Baby fusses, Jelly runs around and sings songs and gets him toys. He will come hug or kiss New Baby for no reason. It is really awesome. I wonder if it is more about Jelly's personality or the age difference, because let me tell you. Brother wanted nothing to do with Jelly Bean and will only reluctantly shake a rattle at New Baby if New Baby is screaming his cutesy little head off. Although Brother will readily admit that he likes New Baby way more than Jelly Bean. My response? Wait until New Baby can get into your stuff and THEN we will see how you feel about it.

Looking forward to the weekend. We don't have any big plans. I am going to try my hand at making some baby food. See if I can't dig up the other half of the garden and start my tomatoes and peppers (which should have already been done.) Maybe we will go see a movie.

Hope the sun is shining in your backyard!

3 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Eli is definitely more attentive to baby than either of his sisters. I don't know why. But I'm glad he and his brother have each other.

d e v a n said...

I think some of it just has to be personality. My oldest son has ALWAYS loved babies and never had a smidge of jealousy when other children were brought home. 2nd child is indifferent, and 3rd child is decidedly unimpressed with babies in general, but especially ones who bug him. 4th child is the last and it's a good thing because she gets jealous if I even HOLD one of her brothers or another baby.

Chantal said...

My 2nd son is way more attentive to the baby than my oldest. Not sure why either. They both love him to bits but just in different ways.

If you manage to find a way to relax and enjoy some you time, let me know how you did it :)